Best Thread Live Cable Trading

marmoset said:
Not too sure if my S47 down to 12 got closed, if so: +35
And if that one got filled, L12 up to 47 was filled too and close for another +35

I wish you well, low ask on one of my brokers 12.5

Good calls, you deserve to have made it, unfortunately you don't get paid for deserving to...

marmoset said:
Not too sure if my S47 down to 12 got closed, if so: +35
And if that one got filled, L12 up to 47 was filled too and close for another +35

Is them's monkeybounce levels mate ? Great trading so far then for you. Bit indecisive for me at the moment, the calm before the storm me thinks...

smbtnt said:
That is why I could never have a totally mechanical strategy, a fair chunk is reliant primarily on visual observation and 'gut feel' drawn from experience.
Any FX traders employ a totally objective method in their trading a la grey1?

That's what I'm working on with MonkeyBounce. The greatest problem with a fully automated system is whipsawing. MonkeyBounce thrives on whipsaw. I'll have to put in a time delimiter though, to keep it out of stuff like NFP (even though a straight up or down move is still marginally profitable under it).

Offshore Trader said:
I wish you well, low ask on one of my brokers 12.5

Good calls, you deserve to have made it, unfortunately you don't get paid for deserving to...

Yep, need to hook up something like PC_Anywhere, so I can remotely log into my box at home... Suspense is killing me.

Anyway, the long entry at 74 ask was definitely filled, but now there's this inverted hammer on the 5 min :|

Ladies and gentleman, place your bets now...

£100 pp short, all in now....!

chrisw said:
Ladies and gentleman, place your bets now...

£100 pp short, all in now....!

i wonder what pattern is it that you just saw.......... :devilish:

good luck!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzz fast 55pip scalp

Attachments

• statement.JPG
    statement.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 132
  • eur.gif
    eur.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 157
Well I was going to trade the news but couldn't wait for the 3rd candle so got in for a small 35 pipper !! I like this movement...

PS Chris I hope you were only joking there with your prediction and stake !! Or you're a very wealthy man !

PS is this gonna bounce around the pivot point now for a while ? 1.8794.... or retest higher highs ?

Priceman said:
Well I was going to trade the news but couldn't wait for the 3rd candle so got in for a small 35 pipper !! I like this movement...

PS Chris I hope you were only joking there with your prediction and stake !! Or you're a very wealthy man !
Worry not, I'm a fool but not stupid! Certainly not enough to go at that size pre announcement!

jacinto said:
what pattern got you in? i am honestly puzzled
I didn't.. If I had the money to trade at that size would I really spend my time on T2W? I am usually more than happy to trade pre news but on NFP... no way!

I'll only know how I fared when I'm back at home, had various longs and shorts "up there" with a final short in low 8800s. If all went well (BIG if), every stopped-out position at -20 should have a +35 to offset it.

If not, no big deal, I'm out $100 max.

Like chrisw: nuts, yeah, but stoopid, nuhuh

marmoset said:
I'll only know how I fared when I'm back at home, had various longs and shorts "up there" with a final short in low 8800s. If all went well (BIG if), every stopped-out position at -20 should have a +35 to offset it.

If not, no big deal, I'm out $100 max.

Like chrisw: nuts, yeah, but stoopid, nuhuh

The verdict is in: initial short didn't reach 12 (bid 08), missed out by 1 (one) pip: -20
L12 (bid 08) didn't get filled either
L74 got filled and subsequenty closed out at 54 :eek: chart shows low of 54 *curses!* : -20
S8837 got filled and boom, closed out at 57 :eek: high was 58: -20 :mad:
Add the -20 first trade: -80. Lucky these were mini-lots: $80 gone, capital preserved, I'll live to trade another day :cheesy:

Currently short at 41, looking to get some pips back in the decaying sine. NEVER SURRENDER, ALLRIGHT?!

Moved SL on S41 to b/e (it's a biggy position by the way).

Question to Numbsly Skullbone aka Marmoset: where in heck did I put the longs up to 8800 something???

Just closed out the S41 at 31: 10 pips back in da bag, $ b/e for today. WEEKEND!! :LOL:

Last edited:
smbtnt said:
Presenting what could potentially be longer term bullish view on cable.

1.8500 is key to the bearish triangle scenario.

Comments welcome.

So far so good, V levels mentioned were filled and new ones appear below.

Have a good weekend folks.

smbtnt said:
So far so good, V levels mentioned were filled and new ones appear below.

Have a good weekend folks.

Well I got 66 pips in real dough today, first cash money trade since my last debacle. It was much needed day off after all the planning. Nice to finish on a positive. Glad some peeps are finding the thread from NWRK on strategybuilderfx that I posted some days ago useful.

Leave for the caves on Sunday. What a time to pick for an Op. The World Cup is about to start! :(

I know I only lurk but I'm glad to see some respect restored to the thread after that apple numpty and his other nics appeared.

So good luck to all your trades and hope to communicate with you all again.

ta ta.

Who dares Wins. ;)