Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Morning *yaaaaaaaaawn*

Yesterday night: +40 (got closed out of L19 for -5: +5), then before retiring to bed went short at 15, limit 8680, which was hit: +35)
Then barely out of bed (5min ago) I have a look at eur/usd 15min, cable 15min, go long at 21, closed out at 31: +10, and now I need a big coffee *pads off to kitchen*
Fifty pips before first coffee, not bad :|

Should have finished my coffee first :( stopped out at -20: +30 EDIT: not stopped out, stop is at 12, oh well, leave it, there might be a retest. Have mentally written off position so am comfy with it.

Anyway, looks like today is the day of reckoning, have a look at below 4h chart: left the uptrend channel, breakout in a bearish consolidation, and cable now lapping around the same width up the uptrend channel. BO to the below should yield 8500, up 8800 is upper boundary.

Attachments

• cable4h.JPG
    cable4h.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Looks like both tops on the eurodolly were bearish engulfing candles, pretty strong resistance up there, cablewise: entry short at 10 and 85.

Some support at 8713 as expected, but rebuff wasn't significant enough in terms of tickpressure to warrant moving my initial stop or exiting. Still holding short from 738.

TheBramble said:
Some support at 8713 as expected, but rebuff wasn't significant enough in terms of tickpressure to warrant moving my initial stop or exiting. Still holding short from 738.

good call, put in base of pyramid at 10, second tier at 95, target 80

Manually closed the long 32, oops 36 (forgot spread) at 26: -10, tally +40

Entered (went short) base of short pyramid at 23 target 80

3x pos at 23, 2x at 10 and 1x at 95, all target 80

V levels are askew with the current price action, current bias is to the downside but the signals are of no recognized strength to warrant a trade, initial long stopped out this morning entry 8701just after 6am.
What with the bearish channel on the bigger time frames and cable's inability to take out previous highs I can see 8640 being hit before 8910. Also sitting on the support line of this triangle.
Your guess is good as mine.

Good to see you back Bramble.

Attachments

• gbp2.JPG
    gbp2.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 128
marmoset said:
Manually closed the long 32, oops 36 (forgot spread) at 26: -10, tally +40

Entered (went short) base of short pyramid at 23 target 80

3x pos at 23, 2x at 10 and 1x at 95, all target 80

Marmoset - it's pretty easy to find a good forex broker who has a 3 pip spread on cable: I know it's only a pip better than you've already got, but with the volumes you do it soon adds up... Why do you stick with a 4-pip provider?

Jack o'Clubs said:
Marmoset - it's pretty easy to find a good forex broker who has a 3 pip spread on cable: I know it's only a pip better than you've already got, but with the volumes you do it soon adds up... Why do you stick with a 4-pip provider?

Sounds nice. :p Can we get some names?

Jack o'Clubs said:

Mainly for their platform, figure the loot I'm forking over is my tuition fee. But as soon as I've learned the ropes (figure by the end of the year), I'm out in a flash.

Baruch said:
Sounds nice. :p Can we get some names?

Sure: GNI, CMC, ODL to name three direct FX providers who offer 3 pip cable.

Personally I either spreadbet in 'normal' markets (again 3-pip the norm), or if I'm expecting fast markets, eg around news releases, then I trade the futures, where the spread is 1-pip plus comms (which makes it equivalent to just under 3 pips for me).

Jack o'Clubs said:

Personally I either spreadbet in 'normal' markets (again 3-pip the norm), or if I'm expecting fast markets, eg around news releases, then I trade the futures, where the spread is 1-pip plus comms (which makes it equivalent to just under 3 pips for me).

You can get 1 pips spreads here (but I don't believe it):

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=19816

Jack o'Clubs said:

Hmmm, played with CMC's platform ages ago (my first sniffing around the FX world 3 years ago), like it. They're on my short list.