Best Thread Live Cable Trading

elbart said:
Yep, your probably right.

The current chart looks to be forming a saucer, which will see the price reach 1.8000 at least.

What timeframe do you see that on? I'm probably looking at the wrong one... :|

elbart said:

I'm a bit dumbfounded, or chartblind, where does the saucer start and end? Then, 2nd question, how from that arrive at a prediction it'll hit 1.8000? Or do you mean 1.9000?

marmoset said:
I'm a bit dumbfounded, or chartblind, where does the saucer start and end? Then, 2nd question, how from that arrive at a prediction it'll hit 1.8000? Or do you mean 1.9000?

I see why it can be difficult to see, but if you narrow the chart then it might become a bit clearer. 18000 as it will probably intersect the upper channel line and find resistance here.

elbart said:
I see why it can be difficult to see, but if you narrow the chart then it might become a bit clearer. 18000 as it will probably intersect the upper channel line and find resistance here.

Ah, OK, I hear you. Bit hard to see on the 15min. On the 4h it's more clear: we're getting awfully close to the same width as the uptrend channel's, if that breaks, a plunge down to 85 is quite probable (major support there, would take a day or two, then on to 83, bit minor support, also a day or two, then it's first Friday o' the month with NFP and kaflooie, 8000). Myeah, different way of seeing it, about the same predictions. But the devil lies in the word if. ;)

OK, Tokyo active phase ahead, stop already moved to b/e, but I'm in it for some money, so I'm really really ready to slap the mouse to close the position and reverse...

entry long at 35, going for the slow upgrind

If (big if always) I hadn't been stopped out, my target of 20 would be close enough for manual slaphappy marmoseting :p

et merde, comme en dit en français, putting that long entry at 25, bounce off pivot

filled at 19

Hope it's not turning into that 120 pip downslide after the rate increase to 5% of late :confused:

moving sl real cautiouswise, Tokyo telling us something here...

Trailing also with an entry short,, Tokyo continuation in the cards :devilish:

marmoset said:
Hey, now is the time for me to do that as well. Or as a wise man once said: "Those that come after me shouldn't start from the ground on up, but from my shoulders upwards." ;)

OK. So what do you think about the thread and the method? :rolleyes:

With 9000 and 8800 pretty much rebuffed I'm bearish Cable longer term. But what about intraday today?

Well, I've got a 30 pip operating channel (central value) around the 8683/8713 levels with the price currently unhappy going too far above that upper level.

A break above 8744 and/or one below 8650 would be potentially tradeable, but being Friday and being low on energy, my highest probability expectation is of mostly small range plays within those ranges mentioned above.

Should it break out of those outer ranges,as always, I'd want to see it ether with some energy (momentum) or with a definitive re-test before considering taking a position.

I think upside breaks would be limited by the 8800 level and downside, well, I'd let that one run as 8500 isn't impossible.

Of course, that's just one of my dog's analyses. The other one thinks I should stay out of FX this morning, take them for a walk and concentrate on some US stock action this PM, but what does he know?

aussiebris said:
if is not a secret what the method do u use?

It's no secret. I trade Big Baruch (my own version of Big Ben), and I trade the news, but not the same way as Rick in the thread uses, but I have learned a lot reading about his method. I think it's not so profitable as my own method, but with less risk. A good place to start for newbies, who wants to trade the news.