Best Thread Live Cable Trading

droog said:
Maybe hes using your vacuum thingy bob.

The vacuum zone was around 10900ish, dc gave lows for friday and today (if 11040 holds) as reversal zones which I feel is damn spectacular and if the dow does base at these levels then I will personally have to travel to cancun to congratulate him...

Baruch said:
Thank you. Looks very good, but what happened the first week in May?

Looks like the worst case scenario happened: constant whipsawing through big figs, with swings big enough and accurate enough to constantly hit the stops, but too small to hit the limits.

I'll have to look at a chart of that week, plus look at the raw data more closely (did it cursorily while crunching the numbers).

But one week out of twenty has me really excited. Haven't hit a nail so squarely on the head in a long time.

Further backtesting down the road: months with clear downtrend. See if the levels hold up or I need a separate set for downtrends. Figure I'll do that this week, during early Tokyo.

marmoset said:
Looks like the worst case scenario happened: constant whipsawing through big figs, with swings big enough and accurate enough to constantly hit the stops, but too small to hit the limits.

I'll have to look at a chart of that week, plus look at the raw data more closely (did it cursorily while crunching the numbers).

But one week out of twenty has me really excited. Haven't hit a nail so squarely on the head in a long time.

Further backtesting down the road: months with clear downtrend. See if the levels hold up or I need a separate set for downtrends. Figure I'll do that this week, during early Tokyo.

How did the Monkeybounce do today mate ? Everyone should have made plenty pips today by the look of the chart ! I didn't look until just getting in from work ! And without that much news hey. (correct me if I'm wrong that there wasn't any news)

Hans123 is doing very well today !
Trade 1: L 0915 @1.8739 clsd 1645 for +120
Trade 2: L 1500 @1.8783 still open currently up +79 pips.
Shame I can't really trade this one though because of the entry times

It's good to have different types of armour in this fight don't you think guys... everything's against us with the big boys, let's just take what we can ! Power to the little people.

Priceman said:
How did the Monkeybounce do today mate ? Everyone should have made plenty pips today by the look of the chart ! I didn't look until just getting in from work ! And without that much news hey. (correct me if I'm wrong that there wasn't any news)

Should have, but didn't. Missed out the 100 pip move due to dental lab (was running late, else I would have cranked up the automated stoploss on VT Trader).

Then didn't MonkeyBounce due to new subaccount being set up specially for MB and seed money being transferred. Like that I can compare my discretionary trading to MonkeyBounce.

So it's only +62 for the day, which is still nearly double my (unspoken of) daily minimum target of 35pips. But I'm not complaining, tomorrow Bernanke is speaking :cheesy:

marmoset said:
Should have, but didn't. Missed out the 100 pip move due to dental lab (was running late, else I would have cranked up the automated stoploss on VT Trader).

Then didn't MonkeyBounce due to new subaccount being set up specially for MB and seed money being transferred. Like that I can compare my discretionary trading to MonkeyBounce.

So it's only +62 for the day, which is still nearly double my (unspoken of) daily minimum target of 35pips. But I'm not complaining, tomorrow Bernanke is speaking :cheesy:

Are you a dentist Marmoset? Only ask cos my brother is.

droog said:
Are you a dentist Marmoset? Only ask cos my brother is.

Hi Droog (like your nick, I'm a Clockwork Orange fan :devilish: )

Nope, I'm in IT support, I'm just having some major dental work done. Major like in the $30'000 region, makes my $10'000 losses wiping out my account 3 times look ludicrously small. ("my dentist is rich" is no understatement in Switzerland). Went to have a colormatch done for a bridge (ceramic-covered gold/platinum alloy), a solitary implant and a crown. Then next Tuesday, it's screw-in time and a year and a half of dental surgery martyrism takes an end. :D Am I a glutton for punishment or what?

Happy you asked, are you now? :p

Last edited:
Went short at 55, closed out at 45: +10pipparoos, first of the day :cheesy:

Back up at 55, going short again, sl 70 target 45 (I'm obviously Monkeybouncing here)

Played out nicely: +10, total +20

Last edited:
Long 35 filled, sl 20 target 65 (MB L2)

stopped out at +6: +26

re-inserting S55, L15 in place

Last edited:
OK, Tokyo entering active zone soon (8am Tokyo, 1am London), switching from MonkeyBounce to Discretionary. Meaning: break-out strategy activated, short entry below early Tokyo low (8828), entry long above last high (8861). Safetydistance: 5-10 pips

Last edited:
marmoset said:
Went short at 55, closed out at 45: +10pipparoos, first of the day :cheesy:

Back up at 55, going short again, sl 70 target 45 (I'm obviously Monkeybouncing here)

Played out nicely: +10, total +20

Good morning. I can't understand how you can scalp on a 15 min chart... :rolleyes:

smbtnt said:
fwiw: vacuum levels at 8940 and 8705.

.... you know what, somehow I think we will be visiting 8940 today - Smbtnt could be right. Waiting for the peak before I short this market.

elbart said:
.... you know what, somehow I think we will be visiting 8940 today - Smbtnt could be right. Waiting for the peak before I short this market.

So let me get this straight....you want to wait for 70 pips up move, including price channel break, with trend and then short it against trend.

Ehm why ?

C V

counter_violent said:
So let me get this straight....you want to wait for 70 pips up move, including price channel break, with trend and then short it against trend.

Ehm why ?

C V

..nope of course I will catch each rise up too, but on a shorterm - a week or so, I will leave the short in when it reaches the peak, that's if it does ??? It broke the lower channel line yesterday and came back into the channel, so it may do the same with the upper channel line today ???

Last edited:
Morning campers, I got 15 pips out of last nights' session during my zzzz's. Didn't think the Japanese would test new highs so shorted. Could have had a lot more but hey, let's not be greedy here.

Have a great day's trading all !

Baruch said:
Good morning. I can't understand how you can scalp on a 15 min chart... :rolleyes:

I didn't, that happened over about a 45 minutes timespan. Just added to my open post, given that I was all alone in here last night. No need to clog up the thread with oneliners ;)

Went short at 17, sl 27 (opening triangle formation), but it may bounce off pivot and big figure. Slide down the Bollis again... Thar she blows!!