Best Thread Live Cable Trading

posted by eatontrade:-
Suprised to see cable hasnt moved much higher after both US Data items should have been USD negative

Having broken it's trendline support last Friday with the NF payrolls data, cable has returned north to test the trendline as resistance....

Sometimes known as the "kiss of death" setup........

And I note that the new year gap at 1.7200 remains unfilled....... :cool:

Attachments

• 14-03-06.gif
    14-03-06.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 169
an alternative is to get a screen capture program.check them up on download.com.they are free and a breeze to use

eatontrade said:
So are you trading for a bank/corporate or is this for your own acct, presume this is real money trading rather than leveraged ?

Yes it's trading for a corporate however, one can use this system for one's own account too. Trading isn't referred to as leveraged, rather you have a negotiated credit line, expressed in m's which you can utilize.

As I understand it, there are a number of co's out there that have started to introduce this kind of trading platform with lower entry limits. I beleive anyway.

baze said:
Yes it's trading for a corporate however, one can use this system for one's own account too. Trading isn't referred to as leveraged, rather you have a negotiated credit line, expressed in m's which you can utilize.

As I understand it, there are a number of co's out there that have started to introduce this kind of trading platform with lower entry limits. I beleive anyway.

I'd be very interested if you could pass on the names of them. I have preiously tried to go down this route using HotspotFX who provide multiple liquidity provider prices and the ability to bid &offer into the market. The problem was that they segregate the retail traders from the banks and currently only have 2 banks feeding in prices, you only get filled if another retail takes your price and there didnt seem to be enough people using it for this to happen very often.

Obviously as an individual you have no access to EBS, so for me the best route seemed to be the CME futures route which at least is direct accesss to a reasonably liquid exchange.

Anyone else get the feeling??
This is a dollar move
stronger Yen CAD Euro Cable
Cable being less liquid outruns Euro
Long time since all those 4 currencies went in the same direction
Not sure but it FEELS like it to me

mickandpete said:
Anyone else get the feeling??
This is a dollar move
stronger Yen CAD Euro Cable
Cable being less liquid outruns Euro
Long time since all those 4 currencies went in the same direction
Not sure but it FEELS like it to me

I agree. We could see a significant move from here, possibly the big move of the year.

I've been known to be be wrong though.

G-Man

G-Man said:
I agree. We could see a significant move from here, possibly the big move of the year.

I've been known to be be wrong though.

G-Man

I hope I don't miss it then! PM me when it starts :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm tight on time at the moment, so haven't had the opportunity (bad excuse) to go through the last few days' worth of posts, but...

Looking at the 5min Cable,( and if it had volume I might not be saying this), but really...if it was a stock I was looking at....ACCUMULATION...???

One of the delights of moving to a longer timeframe (which I have had to do for a few weeks) is the almost fire-and-forget nature of my trades.

Now, where's my pipe and slippers....

edit: apologies for those who do smoke their slippers and wear a pipe....

Last edited:
cable

GBP/USD
Long term - down trend from 16 December 2004 with second main Resistance at 1.7720
Medium term - up trend from 28 November 2005 with first main Support at 1.7230
Buying (Short term positions)
Resistance: 1.7390, 1.7490, 1.7590, 1.7600, 1.7710
Support: 1.7230, 1.7050