Best Thread Live Cable Trading

TheBramble said:
That's interesting DC.

Not taken any position yet. Waiting to see what happens at 7351.

Looking for normal range and BO plays around the 7351 and 7417 levels.

whats your position, Brambs ?

Just shorted 7350, looking for a break below 7280, ideal target 7200 region,
stop around 7480.

could well get stopped out though.

Uphios said:
also short at 59, stop at b/e, target who knows but I am looking for under 7300.

Won't be surprised to see 7405 region before resuming the downward trend, hence my wide stop.

I've set my first traget around 7310, some people think cable's forming a sort of bull flag around this area so there COULD be some playing a double bottom bounce around there.

Out at 45 as swiss double top may support cable for now.

Last edited:
Agreed, hence my out at b/e with a possible re-entry at higher.

Ideally I can find a temporary exit befor the news.

Last edited:
Been and gone. 1.30 UK time. Phili fed due at 5pm UK time, that's expected to be good so could disappoint.

Wow just had a scan through the other thread, there seems to be a sudden rush of knowledgeable newbies posting coming out of the shadows.

Pity they are only interested in posting on one thread on this site

lol DC, funny eh?

it must be the long words that draws them in... I'm surprised Socco hasnt waded in yet either..

dc2000 said:
Wow just had a scan through the other thread, there seems to be a sudden rush of knowledgeable newbies posting coming out of the shadows.

Pity they are only interested in posting on one thread on this site

I know..how "coincidental"

Battle Lines

351 was always going to be one of the battle lines today. That's what I said in my post first thing this morning.

It's pushing real hard against it.

For traditional chartists, we're in an Ascending Triangle. The top line representing the "Line of Supply" with demand becoming more aggressive (and therefore moving closer to the line of supply with each pulse).

If demand does overcome supply at this level, you'll see the tick pressure pick up enormously.

I'm long right now anyhow (at 358) and will close (stop) if the price moves below the up-sloping bottom line of the triangle which currently sits at 330. The stop size will decrease, obviously, over time.

If it does head north, I expect it to do so with some immediacy which is why I'm in now rather than waiting for the break.

Well I was listening Bramble. Agree with what you say except that isn't this signal only supposed to be reliable in an up trend?? Not much of a chartist myself but willing to learn more than I have read.

Uphios said:
Well I was listening Bramble. Agree with what you say except that isn't this signal only supposed to be reliable in an up trend?? Not much of a chartist myself but willing to learn more than I have read.
Not really Uphios. A Triangle normally forms after an Advance or Decline - not as part of it.

There is a higher than evens chance the eventual move out of the Triangle will be in the direction of the trend which preceded it and with an Ascending Triangle, the odds are highest of all the Triangle formations for a continuation.

The question is: Where did the Triangle start? At the bottom of the Decline to 303 or at the top of the Advance to 357 (from that 303 low)?

My expectations, for all sorts of reasons, is on a higher probability of it breaking long (if it 'breaks' at all), but I'm ready to pull the plug if I'm wrong. Stop now at 333.

If it does head up, I'll be taking stock at the other two levels I mentioned this morning: 384 and 417.

HTH

Thanks for that. Agree with where does the triangle start, a point that has often had me wondering. Anyway, good luck with it. I'm out of cable for now, getting beaten up by the DOW instead.