Best Thread Live Cable Trading

badtrader said:
What do most of you trade on here when playing the FX markets, S/B or CME Futures?

Mainly S/B, but I've got an account with IB so I could use Globex futures.

ivorm

great ideas guys.
I think we should be politically correct about the title though.
I prefer "differently-successful" or "profit-challenged" to losers club. :)

also, like the idea to keep it within the T2W arena, rather than going off to AOL or MSNMessenger.

one question, badtrader: are these simply going to be calls, or will there be analysis ?
Will you teach us your methods, or do we simply blindly follow calls ?

( what if you give a call, then the system goes down - for 2 hours - meantime the market reverses, and we sit there sweating waiting for your post to get out or not ? )

My preference is to be taught insights and principles.

badtrader said:
What do most of you trade on here when playing the FX markets, S/B or CME Futures?

I trade the Spot, CME and S/B. I am mainly SBing at the moment due to the tax benefits. Had a good day yesterday when I traded the breakout around 8am and was long @228. I was out at 313 and also got 25 pip on the Swissy, so overall a good day.

Will be mostly trading the swissy today though until the rate decision.

badtrader said:
LOL Yes as long as you are a looser, Chat room is to be arranged, any thoughts on this. can anyone access AOL Chat maybe?
##BT..can I join? If only to fade your calls??!! :cheesy:

trendie said:
great ideas guys.

also, like the idea to keep it within the T2W arena, rather than going off to AOL or MSNMessenger.

one question, badtrader: are these simply going to be calls, or will there be analysis ?

( what if you give a call, then the system goes down - for 2 hours - meantime the market reverses, and we sit there sweating waiting for your post to get out or not ? )

Trendie - the words horse, gift , look and mouth spring to mind..........

If Badtrader is going to make live calls - and based on his track record profitable live calls - why not try and analyse why he is making these decisions? Regards sweating - why would you be sweating if you have a stop in place ?

I do not mean to sound like an apologist for badtrader :rolleyes: ; however I posted a couple of live calls and found it bad enough doing that without posting accompanying analysis.
(Maybe that's just me - always being told I am no good at that multi-tasking thing ;) ) If the analysis comes along later - then great !

Must admit - looking forward to it though...........

trendie said:
great ideas guys.

I think he's already done that... Lesson being, fade ones self !! ;)

Badtrader could post the calls, and leave us to pick over the bones. I don't think he has the time to be a lecturer

Zinger said:
Trendie - the words horse, gift , look and mouth spring to mind..........

If Badtrader is going to make live calls - and based on his track record profitable live calls - why not try and analyse why he is making these decisions? Regards sweating - why would you be sweating if you have a stop in place ?

I do not mean to sound like an apologist for badtrader :rolleyes: ; however I posted a couple of live calls and found it bad enough doing that without posting accompanying analysis.
(Maybe that's just me - always being told I am no good at that multi-tasking thing ;) ) If the analysis comes along later - then great !

Must admit - looking forward to it though...........

Ditto, it will be interesting to see how patient a day trader is. Particularly as it's just the one instrument.

Trendie - you make a very good point!
It is this "pied piper" approach to trading that gets everyone absolutely nowhere. This is why some of my previous posts regarding "live calls" have been somewhat unconstructive - for this I now apologise badtrader. But my point still stands.
To simply fade other peoples random trading decisions may be fun and make use of a dynamic market, however, it only benefits the fader. If these fades came with comments such as "I'm fading this one because of the last 3 minute candle" or something similar then this would at least be vaguely educational. I'm not a loved up indicator junkie, but similar indicator related reasoning would be great too! :LOL:
Just my two penneth, and I promise to make my future comments constructive or silent! :rolleyes:
Cheers
Q

point taken, Zinger and Kaffee.

there will be calls from BT, as opposed to fading others, so there will be consistency in calls from a methodology.
sufficient consecutive calls will give rise to some pattern to determine the methodology.
the challenge is to unravel the method.

looking forward to it.

Quercus said:
Trendie - you make a very good point!
It is this "pied piper" approach to trading that gets everyone absolutely nowhere. This is why some of my previous posts regarding "live calls" have been somewhat unconstructive - for this I now apologise badtrader. But my point still stands.
To simply fade other peoples random trading decisions may be fun and make use of a dynamic market, however, it only benefits the fader. If these fades came with comments such as "I'm fading this one because of the last 3 minute candle" or something similar then this would at least be vaguely educational. I'm not a loved up indicator junkie, but similar indicator related reasoning would be great too! :LOL:
Just my two penneth, and I promise to make my future comments constructive or silent! :rolleyes:
Cheers
Q

I think he's already given a major lesson.... Even if you only look at his last call which was a long of cable after it had already bounced 200points on the day.

Everyone and his wife was scrabbling to short the top and he just waltzed in, took a trade WITH the mometum and scooped 40 odd points. It ain't rocket science, but it does take a big scrotum.

Crack the fear and you've cracked this game.

Livermore said:
The move (40 pips so far) this morning came just before 8.00, so I think we should change the Big Ben strategy to between 7.00 and 8.00. Do you agree? ;)

makes sense Livermore. I see the big move just before 8. I do nevertheless think we are going to struggle to find an exploitable anomoly here but we can keep watching.

DoubleSix said:
abo/Liver

There is a trading setup which says
if the Frankfurt boys push it up at their open and it then falls back but the London boys then take it above the Frankfurt high, go long
and vice versa

so the first move should happen around 7am and the second around 8am.

is that what you call the "Big Ben " effect ?

Hi doublesix, the effect I initially observed was that you often get sharp moves at 7:00 on the nose, which is when London traders start trading, and this can sometimes be profitable to trade. I just don't know how robust it is....like your strategy, my observations held up for a few months, but then fell apart, just as I was about to commit real money.

abobtrader said:
Hi doublesix, the effect I initially observed was that you often get sharp moves at 7:00 on the nose, which is when London traders start trading, and this can sometimes be profitable to trade. I just don't know how robust it is....like your strategy, my observations held up for a few months, but then fell apart, just as I was about to commit real money.

Trade it how ? Counter trend ? Scalp it in the direction of the move ?

How long did it stop working for ? Would it have been profitable over a period of say 6 months ?