Best Thread Live Cable Trading

badtrader said:
For the one's who have lost. Would you like me to open a chat room of some sorts and show you 2 to 3 good trades a day, will be form around 10am to 1pm.

BT

I've lost. Can I join please ?

Where's rhe chat room going to be ?

ivorm

ivorm said:
I've lost. Can I join please ?

Where's rhe chat room going to be ?

ivorm
LOL Yes as long as you are a looser, Chat room is to be arranged, any thoughts on this. can anyone access AOL Chat maybe?

badtrader said:
LOL Yes as long as you are a looser, Chat room is to be arranged, any thoughts on this. can anyone access AOL Chat maybe?

Count me in...... Private Mail us losers if you want to keep the club elite !! ;)

MSN Messenger might be better.

Kaffee said:
Count me in...... Private Mail us losers if you want to keep the club elite !! ;)

MSN Messenger might be better.
We call it the losers club. or FX losers. we need someone to set a chat room up. I use AOL can any of you accses aol chat. let me know, or maybe someon got better ideas

Livermore said:
Sorry, I am no loser. Will I not be accepted in your exclusive club? :cheesy:
sorry Livermore, it's only for losers.But as you are a winner,like you say, you must also give live calls. the losers can relax and watch, :D

badtrader said:
What do most of you trade on here when playing the FX markets, S/B or CME Futures?

S/B for me. Only 3 point spread on cable and no tax. And no, was a break even day for me today.

Just had a look at the T2W chat thing... there is a Forex one already... will you be using that ?

abobtrader said:
Hi Livermore, its true we had a nice move then, but I'd put this down to noise. In my eyes, the 7:00 effect is either at 7:00 (or within a tight window thereafter) or never.

The biggest questions in my opinion are whether these effects really exist ( i say yes), how often they occur (perhaps not often enough ?) and how can we exploit this (could try many strategies, but I think we need to answer the previous question first).

any thoughts?

The move (40 pips so far) this morning came just before 8.00, so I think we should change the Big Ben strategy to between 7.00 and 8.00. Do you agree? ;)

Last edited:
abo/Liver

There is a trading setup which says
if the Frankfurt boys push it up at their open and it then falls back but the London boys then take it above the Frankfurt high, go long
and vice versa

so the first move should happen around 7am and the second around 8am.

is that what you call the "Big Ben " effect ?

DoubleSix said:
abo/Liver

There is a trading setup which says
if the Frankfurt boys push it up at their open and it then falls back but the London boys then take it above the Frankfurt high, go long
and vice versa

so the first move should happen around 7am and the second around 8am.

is that what you call the "Big Ben " effect ?

1. Nice to know. :LOL:
2. I don't know. :rolleyes:

PS. I think it's a profitable stategy to follow the first big move between 7.00 and 8.00, and I will test in realtime trading the next weeks. But I am not sure if it works when there's big news later in the morning...

Last edited:
My Spot On trading method traded the break out of the 7-8am action for the GBP

It had something like 9 months of great results then stopped working. It actually worked best without stops though the results were good with a 20 pip stop.

Maybe it's Spot On time again instead of Chico time?

JonnyT said:
My Spot On trading method traded the break out of the 7-8am action for the GBP

It had something like 9 months of great results then stopped working. It actually worked best without stops though the results were good with a 20 pip stop.

Maybe it's Spot On time again instead of Chico time?

1. When did your Spot On trading method stopped working - and do you know why?

2. Chico Time? What's that?