Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Satori said:
Hi,

Virgin Forex trader here (although have been trading stocks and indices for years), so be gentle with me.

At 1.7808 I'll go long with a target of 1.7954 within 1-3 days.

At 1.7692 I'll go short with a target of 1.7633 within a day or so.

Probably longer-term than you guys trade buy, hey, it's still trading Cable eh?

Currently it's in no man's land as far as I'm concerned, so I'll refrain from trading and have a cup of Earl Grey instead.

Welcome Satori!

May I ask why you picked those levels ?

Zinger said:
Welcome Satori!

May I ask why you picked those levels ?

You can ask, although I'm not sure I have a decent reply!

Okay, to a newbie cable trader the first thing I noticed it that there tends to be a band between which cable messes about trying to decide which way to go. Once it clears that band it tends to hit the top or bottom trendline (on the 4 hour chart, which is what I'm looking at).

Look back at around about the 19th and you'll see it goes up into the 1.76 - 1.77 band, goes sideways a little, breaks out, hits the top trend line, drops back into that band, breaks out and hits the top trend line again, drops back into the band and then hits the top trend line yet again on the 27th.

Now when it drops back after the 27th it seems to do its messing about in a band 100 points above at 1.77-1.78. It drops down, messes about in their, breaks the band and drops down to the bottom trend line.

Now it's coming up again and is in that band. Using the principle of "assume an instrument will continue to behave like it has in the past unless evidence show otherwise", I'm guessing that a breakout from that band will indicate the longer term direction.

I didn't even bother with support and resistance lines here as I just thought I'd try a purely 'visual' approach and see how it pans out.

Probably a load of old tosh I've just written there, but one has to learn!

Everyone having fun today? ;)

Just been stopped out +1 on a euro short.......... :eek:

(I know its the cable thread but no -one seems to be posting anything...... :eek: )

Zinger said:
Everyone having fun today? ;)

Just been stopped out +1 on a euro short.......... :eek:

(I know its the cable thread but no -one seems to be posting anything...... :eek: )

no point in trading mush is there

JonnyT said:
The normal market noise on GBP is 30 odd ticks so it makes getting the direction right difficult consistently enough not to get stopped out on smaller timeframes IMHO.

30 odd ticks on an hourly bar? or are you referring to the noise relative to an "average" day?

Cheers

Livermore said:
Im sure badtrader had a super day... :cheesy:

I have good days most days, doing the opposite of you guys, :cheesy: I am now flat GBP for over 100 pips

Last edited:
JonnyT said:
Guys, can you really profitably such short term on an instrument with a 3 pip spread?

If you can you are one of the 0.005%

JonnyT
A quick 20 pips just to prove Jonny it can be done on a short time scale.

Who's the Daddy :cheesy:

badtrader said:
short term long cable for 20 pips and stop 20 pips,long @1,7002
Sorry Badtrader but how was your order filled @1.7002, thats 700 pips or 40% away.

JonnyT

sorry yes just notice,I missed a 7,it should have been 1,7702.Look at the time when placed

short 1,7719 target 12 stop 12

Target hit, 32 pips in the last hour

Last edited:
No, I just wondered how you traded at 1.7002 thats all. It would seem you have cleared the matter up.

Another good live trade.

I'm in awe.

JonnyT

I update on post 698,should have been on this post anyway.Target hit for 12 pips, pluss 20 an hour ago ,,,,,32 pips, short term scalps