Best Thread Live Cable Trading

badtrader said:
Thanks trendie and tomaz55

Good day for me today.trendie give me 50 pips and tomaz55 give me 27 pips. total of 77 pips. :cheesy:

That is me doing the opisite of them

Keep up the good work ;)

no problems, badtrader. :)

trendie, dont believe that badtrader won 50 pips off you, if he did that means he went against me, with the overall result being him having to sell his house, car etc...
I dare him to put on a real trade like everyone else, instead of losing his shirt going against me :cheesy:

DoubleSix said:
he is just a spoiler

pointless really
On the contrary, DoubleSix, this thread has been very enlightening.
whether badtrader takes ACTUAL trades or not, is irrelevant.

he has:
illustrated in a practical way, ( by posting reverse trades ), that many newbie traders either trade in the wrong direction, or that their stop-losses are obvious and/or too close, and get stopped out regularly.

he has also illustrated, via tomaz55, the destructive influence of ego, in that, tomaz55 has taken on a personal crusade to beat badtrader, when he should be beating the market, and that we shouldnt take trades personally, ie; tomaz55 is taking it personally, about how many points he has taken off such-and-such.
if badtrader didnt personally post a trade, someone, somewhere, is trading against us anyway, as each time we buy, its only cos there is someone out there willing to sell, and vice-versa.

I lost 50 pips. if it hadnt been badtrader, it would have been someone else. either way, its my problem to fix.

dont agree on the fact that I am on a personal crusade against badtrader, I am posting my live trades with or withought badtrader, doesnt matter. what does matter is that if badtrader had REALLY gone against me in the last 2 weeks, he would be in great financial trouble...

tomaz55 said:
dont agree on the fact that I am on a personal crusade against badtrader, I am posting my live trades with or withought badtrader, doesnt matter. what does matter is that if badtrader had REALLY gone against me in the last 2 weeks, he would be in great financial trouble...
I have to disagree.

If two hundred pips = great financial trouble then he deserves everything he gets.

JonnyT

what do you mean 'he deserves everything he gets'? since he has been up against me, he hasnt stopped losing...

short eur @1.2082
target 1.2064
[email protected]
:cool:

Not looking for much here.Will take what i see as safe and exit early if it challanges new high.Theory is the ross hook , the candle the that broke the last high never had a close above within two candles.+ shoch overbought?? Im sure badtrader will prove me wrong.

Exit trade at 1.2069 +13pips

Attachments

• 5min eur.jpg
    5min eur.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Fear and greed

Got to stop doing this...

Got in on a perfect entry for me at 1.7510 on cable and was overjoyed at 50 pips and considering the news was glad to be out when I did. Then I sat and watched as it pulled back and skyrocketed! 50 out of 175, I won't complain and now fighting off the devil that is greed and trying not to kick myself too much!

Hope one of you guys managed to get a good bulk of that move? I imagine you probably did alright there JonnyT ?!

Its much worse than that.

I've been trading for a living (thats a joke) for 6 weeks now. I have not had one profitable week and only 4 profitable days.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:

I've been trading for a living (thats a joke) for 6 weeks now. I have not had one profitable week and only 4 profitable days.

JonnyT

Don't do much for the confidence ay?

I've been trading full time for about 3 months now and it comes and goes. Thankfully its more of the former (normally!). :rolleyes: Its handy being single with not much in the way of expenses, although I'm sure the bank manager would prefer I wasn't quite so far into my overdraft! :cheesy:

Its a pain when the losses keep on coming but its all probabilities at the end, and as long as you know it will come good in the end you just need to push on and keep the losses tight and the let the winners run. cliche I know but I'm still having troubles letting them run. I can keep the losses short but so desperate to keep the winners in profit I don't allow the space to take full potential. (yesterdays late EURO and todays cable).

I also find keeping it to a minimum of instruments helps. It helps me keep my probabilities in my favour and get to know the instrument better.

after getting whacked a couple of times today (lost 40 pips in the morning plus 20 later on), I managed to pull 72 pips out of this huge bull move, to end up the day with a 12 pip win. not sure if it will be my last trade for the day, I might be selling later on.

If I dont trade anymore today, I end up the week with a 153 pip win. the week before, I was up 161 pips.

I will stop posting my live trades from now on. Whoever is interested in receiving my trades can PM me.

Well done Tomaz, glad to hear you've had a good couple of weeks, good luck later on if you do... I'm going to the pub instead I think... Start afresh next week.

Good weekend all

JonnyT, jezza888,

Major respect to you both for trading full-time. Good luck.

Are you trading "forever", or have you taken sabbaticals from work ?
Have you given yourselves a certain amount of time to prove yourselves ?
Do you have fall-back options if the money runs out ?

Today's move

Frustrating for those that missed today's move.
My entry is attached. Actually a little late getting in but it's always nice to catch a big one!

Attachments

• 101405 - Cloudburst.JPG
    101405 - Cloudburst.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 215
tomaz55

after getting whacked a couple of times today (lost 40 pips in the morning plus 20 later on), I managed to pull 72 pips out of this huge bull move, to end up the day with a 12 pip win. not sure if it will be my last trade for the day, I might be selling later on.

If I dont trade anymore today, I end up the week with a 153 pip win. the week before, I was up 161 pips.

dont know where you got you figures from, I logged 49 pips for this week form you. I post all you trades later on. also the last 72 pip gain was not live.

I know I have made 136 pips last week and 102 this week. ;)

Last edited:
JonnyT said:

JonnyT

Jonny

Since you started trading for a living, have you notice you time frame is getting smaller and smaller. the same with you profit targets, getting smaller and smaller. As to where when you was not trading for a living, you profit targets was bigger and you time frame.

Dear dear Jonny you are saying you cant remember me giving the live calls, I made over 400 pips. in a week,um and the help I give you to get back on the road. on the above post,People soon forget,never mind.

Last edited: