Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Pipsqueek, was you tempted to short that yen today as you suggested you might yesterday ? good crystal ball intuition development ehh... funny how you can see, know the moves, but do we trust ourselves.. !!

Kaffee said:
Has this been stopped out. FXCM charts have completely frozen, or rather melted down.

Hi Kaffee, the FXCM charts I used to use seem to break down on the fast moves. Try netdania charts directly from their web-site. I find it to be a pretty good alternative, with no delays to date.

: )

Livermore said:
Read our friend abobtraders very good blog:

http://www.abobtrader.blogspot.com

Hey Livermore, thanks for the plug. Glad you find it useful. I am pretty much adding material every day now.

I am going to post this directly from the site because its related to this thread. Don't worry folks I have no ulterior motives..nothing to sell, nothing to buy (!).

hope its of interest,

Abobtrader - the fundamentalist among the chartists !

---pasted from blog ---

cable%20euro%20overlay%20(Small).2.jpg

There has been a lot of talk about the decoupling between the dollar and gold. Here, I present two interesting correlation related developments that I have observed in the foreign exchange market:

The first correlation is between EUR/USD and cable . The above chart shows an hourly chart of both rates going back 2 weeks. Historically, cable has tended to exhibit a very high correlation with EUR/USD. However, in recent sessions there has been somewhat of a de-coupling in the correlation; this happens on occasion, when market participants want to trade sterling on its own merits.

In this case, you can see that the recent rallies in EUR/USD were mirrored by moves higher in cable. However, when EUR/USD moved sharply lower, cable tended to hold its ground or moved down by a lesser percentage. If cable holds still when EUR/USD is going lower, then by definition this means that EUR/GBP is going down. So, what's the message? Well, the market is clearly in GBP buying mode.

Because the de-coupling between cable and EUR/USD does not seem to have been triggered by clear economic event, its hard to say for how long this will continue. However, for the time being, if you want to be long USD this may be best expressed through EUR/USD, but if you want to be short USD, then it looks like cable is providing the extra extra zing (and its more attractive from a carry perspective).

The second interesting correlation is between the Nikkei and USD/JPY, which I will talk about in the next piece.

Just go to the T2W Room , not the Forex Room. ....the US room its quiet between 10am and 1pm... it makes life so much easier for everyone. Im sure they will let you back in. :rolleyes:

DanielLambert said:
Just go to the T2W Room , not the Forex Room. ....the US room its quiet between 10am and 1pm... it makes life so much easier for everyone. Im sure they will let you back in. :rolleyes:
You say I am sure they let you back in? please explain

The link I have, is straight forward and there is no drain on the pc. I have had 7 emails who will be joining Monday for live trading 10am to 1pm. Trading Forex. If you want to join send my an email

badtrader said:
You say I am sure they let you back in? please explain

The link I have, is straight forward and there is no drain on the pc. I have had 7 emails who will be joining Monday for live trading 10am to 1pm. Trading Forex. If you want to join send my an email

After your ban i mean!!

badtrader said:
Well tell me who do you think I am? I have not been in the chat room have you seen me in there? Please do explain and with evidence :rolleyes:

Yes I have seen u in the chatroom , but obviously not under your latest pseudonym.

And all the regulars in that room know who u are as well , judging by their PMs to me. Q.E.D.

DanielLambert said:
Yes I have seen u in the chatroom , but obviously not under your latest pseudonym.

And all the regulars in that room know who u are as well , judging by their PMs to me. Q.E.D.
Well, who ever you think I am do tell us all. I have already been accused of being CJ and Texas Hedge. Which one do you think I am?

I read you answer tomorrow I am off to Bed

Hi, Badtrader,

I sent you an email over the weekend about joining you in the room. Don't seem to see a reply.
Any chance of joining you? Or am I black listed before i've begun!!

Cheers
Richard

coolTrader said:
Looks like that's the end of this thread then :D

I think so! I did email BT to ask for the link, but it never came :( Maybe he doesnt want me fading his calls :cheesy: