Best Thread Live Cable Trading

laptop1 said:
My observation on this thread is based on, like a competition of some sort. I dont see anyone asking the right question and meticulous asking why one done what one did, , why did one pick the level to enter, or why is one stop there, or what do you base you target on,.......Psychological patterns of behaviorI is very interesting to me.

Good luck guys

I think 90% of posters on this thread do explain their reasoning, well, except for DC but then he probably has and I just didn't understand! :eek:

Did everyone get in before or after the BoE announcement?

Normally I'd take the signal I had 5 mins before but then I wasn't expecting the rise and I thought I'd wait for the news instead! Just a shame it took so long to get filled with CS. I don't mind the price not valid in fast markets, its the time it taked to get from first try through to no longer valid then to trying at a new price.

Both the breakout methods were triggered earlier. 1st VEBO entry got stopped out at BE and is now long from 8781, closes at 4pm. 1st FCBO entry was stopped out for -80 and is in long from 8788, again exiting at 4pm...here's hoping it holds up ;)...looks as though it'll fall back for a while....but i can't read a chart for toffee.

ChowClown said:
Both the breakout methods were triggered earlier. 1st VEBO entry got stopped out at BE and is now long from 8781, closes at 4pm. 1st FCBO entry was stopped out for -80 and is in long from 8788, again exiting at 4pm...here's hoping it holds up ;)...looks as though it'll fall back for a while....but i can't read a chart for toffee.

Hi Chow

Did you actually trade these and if so did you actually get stopped out a B/E when it flew higher?

Could anyone tell me the best fill they got on buy order after the BofE announcement? Whilst I was long at 20, I also had stop buy at 38 which was filled at 75

Offshore Trader said:
Hi Chow

Did you actually trade these and if so did you actually get stopped out a B/E when it flew higher?

Could anyone tell me the best fill they got on buy order after the BofE announcement? Whilst I was long at 20, I also had stop buy at 38 which was filled at 75
Hi OT, yes, no complaints with Oanda on that front.

Offshore Trader said:
Well if Oanda filled you in that market then I really must get my account up and running

Cheers

Geoff

me too... I opened mine bur not funded it as yet... seems the better option.

zuke said:
I was in at 718 and hopped off at 888. Currently short from 908

This 908 short could become very profitable. I have moved stop to b/e on this trade and will let it run for the foreseeable.

zuke said:
This 908 short could become very profitable. I have moved stop to b/e on this trade and will let it run for the foreseeable.

nice one Zuke!

Offshore Trader said:
Wasp, exactly my situation. An expensive ommision based on today...

Too right, after missing a big chunk today, if I can get filled quicker elsewhere, elsewhere I will go!

wasp said:
Too right, after missing a big chunk today, if I can get filled quicker elsewhere, elsewhere I will go!

Why not take a position before the news and jump on the b/o after the news? Your worst case scenario would be b/e. Your best case would be that it wouldnt matter at what price you get filled after the news, as you'd already have got in the trade earlier.

If you're funding your account, don't forget to fill out the pre-advice of funds form.

Spread went up to eight pips during the initial move. Spread during Jobless claims was 4 pips. Slippage none, entirely based on the time to click through the order window.

While their platform is rather rudimentary, I counter that by simply adding lines to indicate R3/R2/R1/pivot/S1/S2/S3 and previous day/week/month hi-lo to have some sort of a roadmap.

zuke said:
Why not take a position before the news and jump on the b/o after the news? Your worst case scenario would be b/e. Your best case would be that it wouldnt matter at what price you get filled after the news, as you'd already have got in the trade earlier.

Normally I do and I did get a long signal beforehand but in part due to not expecting it and part doubt, I thought I'd wait! I didn't expect to have to try 3 times to get in though!

marmoset said:
If you're funding your account, don't forget to fill out the pre-advice of funds form.

Spread went up to eight pips during the initial move. Spread during Jobless claims was 4 pips. Slippage none, entirely based on the time to click through the order window.

While their platform is rather rudimentary, I counter that by simply adding lines to indicate R3/R2/R1/pivot/S1/S2/S3 and previous day/week/month hi-lo to have some sort of a roadmap.

I really like their charts. I can happilly use their charts the way I set up metatraders and then trade the same prices as those quoted. I dislike CS charts and their prices are never inline with metatraders which causes headaches to say the least.

zuke said:

Are you looking/hoping for a pro dollar NFP tomorrow to continue your short then Zuke? Could work out very nicely! :D

wasp said:
I really like their charts. I can happilly use their charts the way I set up metatraders and then trade the same prices as those quoted. I dislike CS charts and their prices are never inline with metatraders which causes headaches to say the least.

I NEVER use CS charts!! They are better fiction than Stephen King!

zuke said:

Nice call. Moved to the Eur as it was clearer.