Best Thread Live Cable Trading

...trend reversal around today's pivot...up to DC's target over the next few days perhaps. Today's VEBO & FCBO buy orders now filled (@439 & 444).

Last edited:
ChowClown said:
...trend reversal around today's pivot...up to DC's target over the next few days perhaps. Today's VEBO & FCBO buy orders now filled (@439 & 444).
..stops now at breakeven.

PIVOTS
coincidential or important?

coincidental at least from the way I trade, in reality every man and his dog knows where the pivot is and the market is a game of two opposing sides

Now the dow's woken up I think there's more movement to come.The low of the day is in imo so back to you know where or better still up.

Doh!

Did it again... got out at 70 at 5pm today, seemed a good plan... least it was only 30 pips off this time... one day I'll nail the daily range and not panic!

dont kick yourself a profit is what you have it dont matter if your 30 or 130 off one thing I would say is dont be tempted to get back in with the thought that you are missing out

Cheers DC, thats something I learnt the hard way, done that far too many times too, it always pulls back when I do so... never agian...

Obviously, as with most if not all traders, I'm worried about it pulling back and reversing and hence the (too) tight trailing stops and panic exits. One thing I am noticing whilst backtesting is that any run after NYC open 90% of the time runs till late evening, its only the UK session that normally sees the reversal... something to check futher and consider...

not a bad day really, profit target from the US sesh still not hit but should do early doors

so heres the plan the first time we hit the 597 area will be a reasonable short ( look to take early profit ) the second will not

Four stepper

1. Describe what is going on in detail.

2. What do you want it to be like instead?

3. Is this what you really want? Fix it a little if you need to.

If this is what you want as you fixed it up, then say out loud “this is what I want” And next read out loud the fixed up words you wrote in 2.

4. Now just go about your business by doing something else.

File: Four stepper.doc

dc2000 said:
not a bad day really, profit target from the US sesh still not hit but should do early doors

so heres the plan the first time we hit the 597 area will be a reasonable short ( look to take early profit ) the second will not

"scalp" a 597 failure, and go long on a break above?

DC, amazing how my R1 line is at 598 today ;)

Be up there by 1330 me thinks around news time...
(or sooner the way things are going already)

Last edited:
MACD Divergence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you guys think of MACD divergence forming in 15 min cable?

diegoeg said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you guys think of MACD divergence forming in 15 min cable?

Cant see the divergence.. Though on a strongly trending market as is now, I will wait for at least 3 peaks before counter trending. Not that I am saying it is going up or down. Made my target for the day so looking for some extra if and only if I get a strong signal.