Best Thread Live Cable Trading

now full position long looking to stay in very narrow range for most of day with a hit of the 267 later today

nice trade Chow bet you is a happy bunny now :cheesy:

dc2000 said:
now full position long looking to stay in very narrow range for most of day with a hit of the 267 later today

nice trade Chow bet you is a happy bunny now :cheesy:
...an 11% gain today and July now up 23%. Should probably enjoy the sun tomorrow too...:cheesy:

well done Chow
nice to see the trading account increasing
as your account goes up , do you increase your size of bet ??

marmoset said:
out at 06: +6 --> +24, short again at 02, think euro will hit 2500
Hello mate looks like you have been doing well.....Am pleased for you...
I will be back on the boards from tommorow so did you catch the big drop down...... :LOL:

anyone use metatrader and either capitalspreads and/or Oanda here?

For the last hour both seem to have been 5 above metatraders charts, anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
10 lots
LONG 214
Stop 187
Targets 248 (2 lots), 269 (2 lots), 303 (3 lots), 358 (3 lots)

rav700 said:
Hello mate looks like you have been doing well.....Am pleased for you...
I will be back on the boards from tommorow so did you catch the big drop down...... :LOL:

Hi Rav,

Did OK, but in hindsight I just should have pyramided all the way down. But then again, hindsight is 20/20.

Right now I'm looking to grab the remaining 10 pips off the news (not a big mover) at 2.30 and then it's off to work (blah!). Went out of the 02 short at 01, +25 in all.

I think after the news, cable will be heading up, bouncing off 8300 and settling in somewhere around 60.

Long at 11, SL 80, target 8260. Keeping fingers crossed here...

Hope tomorrow's news is a bit more fun to trade.

Right, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go!

Have a profitable rest of NY trading everybody! ;)

ChowClown said:
Hi DC,

That's right, Hans does. This variant just trades Cable (which incidently constitutes most of the Hans method profit) and the backtesting suggested a 4pm cut-off was more profitable than later exits; a handy time to call it a day too (from a personal perspective) :)

Chow,

What are the rules for your variant of Hans123?

short at 95 with stop at 220... think we'll see more down... to around 8100

zuke said:
10 lots
LONG 214
Stop 187
Targets 248 (2 lots), 269 (2 lots), 303 (3 lots), 358 (3 lots)

Was too busy to post that I scratched this trade at 199 fpr -15

ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Today's vebo:

BUY: 8383.7
SL: 8353.9
TP: 8533.7

SELL: 8349.4
SL: 8379.2
TP: 8196.4

Thanks for the news trading link, Baruch. Been following that thread too for a while. Just trying to get a baseline performance of this simple BO method with these trades (variation of Hans' BO posted on SBFX) - no discretionary filters yet for news, support/resistance, fibs etc.

Chow,

I remember that you once said you traded the BO from the morning range 5.00GMT-8.00GMT like Hans does. But these orders are placed here 7.33 (I suppose it´s 7.33GMT??). Why? PS. What's vebo?

Last edited:
Baruch,

Pls see post #8213 for current rules. I'm using 5-8am BST and the orders are driven from the 8am opening price. I tend to post the orders on here and in my journal when I get chance later in the morning.

VEBO = Volatility Expansion BreakOut.

Well I think I may call it a day
lost a few point trying to trade the up turn
but overall a very good day
may pop back later

Yes I think I'll call it a day too.The heat is making me tired.Maybe the dow will fall off a cliff but I won't be trading too large.I stop at 4:30 anyway.

ChowClown said:
Baruch,

Pls see post #8213 for current rules. I'm using 5-8am BST and the orders are driven from the 8am opening price. I tend to post the orders on here and in my journal when I get chance later in the morning.

VEBO = Volatility Expansion BreakOut.

Thanks. Your method seems to be close to Big B. But you start one hour later, and you don't close your position before major news, which I think it's pretty stupid not to do.