Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Closed my long at 55 which was a bit premature but 30 points today and I'll leave that until tomorrow. According to normal form this afternoon should be very quiet.

Morning all..very boring today. I am SHORT 465 looking for 405 with a stop at 505

marmoset said:
Gaaaah, just a couple pips short of my target of 35 and the thing bounces back up :(

I hate when that happens! Just realised you are Swiss..I lived in Zurich for a few years when I worked at UBS

Guys,

Are we still short around 470? target approx 430? I just came back to my desk and the charts exhibiting classic holiday behaviour, but this is expected with lack of market participation.

Chaps, just for info...

anyone use iTunes ? There are loads of free market podcasts on there if you're interested, one I had a listen to which wasn't too bad was CNBC world foreign exchange. Go check them out.

PS smbtnt... I took one position short today and got out with 10 pips. I'm not convinced there's much more downwards today (famous last words you watch !) It's ranging around the 40 mark I think

smbtnt said:
Guys,

Are we still short around 470? target approx 430? I just came back to my desk and the charts exhibiting classic holiday behaviour, but this is expected with lack of market participation.

myeah, had to scalp the in between, cable had an independent rythm from euro, multiplier totally out there (normally it's 1pip in eur equals 1.5-2 in cable), right up to 7 :eek:

Oh, and formerly ABN AMRO and Bank von Ernst (a HypoVereinsBk daughter, sold off to Coutts/RBS)

zuke said:
I hate when that happens! Just realised you are Swiss..I lived in Zurich for a few years when I worked at UBS

Hi Zuke,

Latest gossip from the Zurich water holes: UBS is moving its spot desk from Ldn to ZH... Don't expect too many spot gods to stay on, I mean, as lovely as Zurich is, it's a village compared to London. Heck, go find a decent tikka masalah 'round here...

My scalp tip right now: buy German brewery stocks, all of Deutschland is gonna drown their humiliation in buckets of Bier ;)

Aaah, Tokyo righting the wrongs. Out of my short 65, off to watch telly and sip a few (German) beers :p

In addition to my 460 short (stop 505, limit 405). I have put in a long from 440..looking for 465..stop 415.

My new 5 min strat is doing well thus far (only 5 days in though so a long way to go!!)

Long too at 15 but a little concerned that EUR has gone below 1.2760. Hope that's a false break of support and that the uptrend from last week resumes

dc2000 said:
anyone think this is going to 1.8293 ??

Quite possibly so, that's where the break-out of the downward channel occurred, turning the whole thing into an inverted h&s. Figure we may see 8293 on NFP figs on Friday.

I meant 293 today Friday Im looking to produce the 560 profit target from last Thursday