Best Thread Live Cable Trading

I'm in buying EUR from the resistance of 1.21...

Got stopped out this morning with the drop in cable ! What happened there I thought the figures looked ok !?

good luck guys

Zinger said:
Everyone on holiday already ? :confused:

over on the Alba thread, the guy reckons its not worth trading the day prior to Fridays hols.

maybe nobody wants to start anything whereby they are exposed for 4 consecutive days, with no market access, and thus keeping away until after Monday.

unrelenting tedium in the meantime.
( hans123 is getting whipped to pieces, and I have lost my camarilla for MT4, so no playing about for me )

Doesn't that just nark you ! I was in for a good price this morning with GBP and then the large fall stopped me out. Does anyone else leave their stops more than 30 pips away ? It's gone flying up now, would have been a great day, now it's just an alright one !!

Priceman said:
Doesn't that just nark you ! I was in for a good price this morning with GBP and then the large fall stopped me out. Does anyone else leave their stops more than 30 pips away ? It's gone flying up now, would have been a great day, now it's just an alright one !!

that was yesterday for me.....just have a laugh. tomorrow could be a big day with US deficit figures. I took a short @ 80, wondering if its the right thing to do, so might exit soon. good luck

jacinto said:
that was yesterday for me.....just have a laugh. tomorrow could be a big day with US deficit figures. I took a short @ 80, wondering if its the right thing to do, so might exit soon. good luck

stop at BE, just in case this is just a pullback from previous move. otherwise, target is open

jacinto said:
pulled back all the way to my stop. So BE.

I got out of the long on EUR and gone short, currently down a few pips but still hoping it's lost steam for the day and will fall back to resistance :confused:

hopefully a more productive day tomorrow like you said

Priceman said:
I got out of the long on EUR and gone short, currently down a few pips but still hoping it's lost steam for the day and will fall back to resistance :confused:

hopefully a more productive day tomorrow like you said

in order to realign yourself with current market thinking, go long euro and short the dollar on the dips - the world and his wife (i.e. all the big money) are currently long yen and short the dollar

c6ackp said:
in order to realign yourself with current market thinking, go long euro and short the dollar on the dips - the world and his wife (i.e. all the big money) are currently long yen and short the dollar

"short the dollar on the dips"

should that be "short the dollar on the rallies"
or "buy the dollar on the dips" ?

trendie said:

I think that's correct - buy the euro on the dips or short the dollar on the dips on the euro chart! you know what I mean!

confirmation of the turn was @ 13:30 1.2100 1st major PB after strength on the 3/4hr chart

up 55 since then and counting - cable up 100+ since then

trendie said:

Should it be buy the EUR (or GBP) on the dips ?

I think sell the USD on the rallies is a correct way of saying it too....

I always like to talk in the first currency in the pair though as it makes my little brain work less

:LOL:

Been a few days since it has been mentioned - but decent pips on Big Ben this morning; good bounce of the asian low.
Does anyone trade the asian breakout ?

Zinger said:
Been a few days since it has been mentioned - but decent pips on Big Ben this morning; good bounce of the asian low.

Hi zinger, yep, + 30 today for me.....the actual target was closer to 55, but bailed out @ 40. I really dont like this area of cable. lets see what happens now.

Edit: Sorry, 55 should read 7555, 40 7540

Zinger said:

I confuse it sometimes with hans123.
decided to fade it, and lost 21 pips. :rolleyes:
will wait to possibly fade hans123 in the afternoon. :eek:

jacinto said:
Hi zinger, yep, + 30 today for me.....the actual target was closer to 55, but bailed out @ 40. I really dont like this area of cable. lets see what happens now.

Edit: Sorry, 55 should read 7555, 40 7540

Good start !

Why did you have a target of 55 jacinto?

Zinger said:
Good start !

Why did you have a target of 55 jacinto?

target is equal (aprox. obviously) to height of pattern added to breakout point.....low 7480, high 7518 (in my chart at least), would give 7556-8ish, I prefer to play it safe and have it a few pips below.

thanks, lets see if the remaining of the day is worth it. good luck today.

jacinto said:
anybody caught this last move?

No - missed it by one candle. I needed a fifth candle to confirm the top and bottom of the consolidation on the 5 min chart before it was set. The cable broke out on the 5th candle which invalidated the set-up. :cry:

JillyB said:
No - missed it by one candle. I needed a fifth candle to confirm the top and bottom of the consolidation on the 5 min chart before it was set. The cable broke out on the 5th candle which invalidated the set-up. :cry:

is this Darvas box type stuff ?