Best Thread Live Cable Trading

FetteredChinos said:
guys, if 1pip here or there is causing problems in the strategy, then that should set the alarm bells ringing.....

And that will always be a problem on FX because we all use different data providers.

FetteredChinos said:
lol Kaffee, remember my pm from a few weeks ago....

What about FXEngine or the other thing ?

Have to admit I havent looked into FXEngine.... As for the other thing... c'est la vie.

it seems from FCs continuing heroic efforts at analysis and testing, that most ideas work, then dont, then do, then dont.

even with exits, a pip here or there shouldnt concern us. if some saw congestion, and price moving back, some may have simply bailed out with less than 20 or 25 pips.

it seems to be tending towards having a general idea, and trading in a discretionary subjective manner.

trendie said:
it seems from FCs continuing heroic efforts at analysis and testing, that most ideas work, then dont, then do, then dont.

even with exits, a pip here or there shouldnt concern us. if some saw congestion, and price moving back, some may have simply bailed out with less than 20 or 25 pips.

it seems to be tending towards having a general idea, and trading in a discretionary subjective manner.

Yes trendie. This is a recurring theme across any system/strategy that I've gone blind reading about over the last 6 weeks or so. So I've now taken the view that providing you can rack up the points in the good times, it'll give you enough blubber to get through the lean times.

Good luck to all. Outta here til next week. See ya.

Last edited:
I have to say that over the long term trading breakouts is a thin method. i.e. Marginally profitable with large drawdown periods. There have been periods where it made huge profits aswell but overall its not resilient enough for me.

I personally now will not be trading breakouts.

My breakfast strategy is not a breakout strategy in fact it is a fade of a break out....

Spot on worked best for the GBP using 7-8 and 7-10 for the EUR when I devised it. It worked great for months even a year then went in a prolonged drawdown period. Others have told me that it has started working again but I've moved on so don't really know.

I have come to the conclusion that the only way to make consistent money is to trade pullbacks where you can minimise your stop loss and maximise the profit potential. The mechanics of this are another matter!

Have a good Weekend.

JonnyT

JT,

my conclusions are the same. determine trend direction.
then attempt to join the crowd when it seems to take a breather.

formulating a plan, and then executing it, is of course, another matter.

hope you guys have a good weekend, and see you Monday.

NEXT WEEK I WILL MAKE MONEY !!

ok, im bored, and getting ready to exit..

gonna zoom in to the 1 min chart to pick an exit...

have a good weekend everyone..

eat well, drink weller, and have fun wellest..

FC

Baruch said:
Kaffee,

Do you mean this one from 7.32am today? Here you went long, and not short as you says now?

I didn't say I traded the short today... if you recall I stepped in to answer your question to zuke about why he took the long and not the short from the 7 - 8 range.

The point i was making is that everyone has said the range breakout didnt work ... well it did (both ways) depending on what you wanted from it.

If you want to know what I traded today... took the short on, with a target of 30... got stopped out and on other side of the range longed it for another 30... so I'm breakeven on the Big Ben trade and down 30 on the Asian session breakout that I'm playing with.... (which offsets the 30 I made yesterday on it) Happy now ?

Edit:- And my stars are back !! Thanks to whoever did that !!

Last edited:
Oh and this really is my last post this week....

Hans123 has racked up 120 pips today on Cable.

See what I mean about having faith in a system !!!! Gotta be in it to win it..

Later.

Kaffee said:
Oh and this really is my last post this week....

Hans123 has racked up 120 pips today on Cable.

See what I mean about having faith in a system !!!! Gotta be in it to win it..

Later.

Kaffee,

Sounds nice. Could you tell us something about this system?

Baruch

Baruch - maybe the links shown below relate to HANS123?

http://www.tacticaltrader.com/forum/read-topic/5/EUR-USD?page=2#post-5030

http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader...bb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004431;p=5#000061

I only did a quick Google - therefore there may be more links out in cyberspace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple Combined Breakout System for EUR/USD and GBP/USD
Determine the 06.00 CET – 10.00 CET High Low on EUR/USD and GBP/USD
Determine the 10.00 CET – 14.00 CET High Low on EUR/USD and GBP/USD
Set BuyStop at High + 5 pips and SellStop at Low - 5 pips for both timeframes and both currencies
Set Target Price at entry + 80 pips for EUR/USD and entry + 120 pips for GBP/USD
Set StopLoss at entry - 50 pips for EUR/USD and entry - 70 pips for GBP/USD. If the other side of the breakout is within 50 pips for EUR/USD or within 70 pips for GBP/USD then the StopLoss will be that level (Longtrade: SL = Low range - 5 pips = SellStop; Shorttrade: SL = High range + 5 pips = BuyStop)
Move the SL to breakeven after a gain of 30 pips for EUR/USD and a gain of 40 pips for GBP/USD
If a certain position is taken and price turns agains you and it breaks the other side of the breakout channel then turn. If the breakout channel is broader then the stoploss first the stoploss will be hit. If the breakout channel is narower then the stoploss then hitting the other side means that you have to turn your position. There is only 1 turn per time frame possible
At 24.00 CET all orders expiring and close all trades at market. On Friday we do the same at 23.00 CET.
This link displays the time in every major city in the world: www.qlock.com. I am using CET time (Amsterdam, Frankfurt).

Results October 2005:

10/03 : -22 pips
10/04: -61 pips
10/05: -103 pips
10/06: +168 pips
10/07: +156 pips
10/10: +135 pips
10/11: +61 pips
10/12: +108 pips
10/13: +97 pips
10/14: +274 pips
10/17: +178 pips

Total: +991 pips

The results this month are extreme. In general the system gives you an average return of 600 pips a month from March 2005.

On monthly basis the results are:

March: +721 pips
April: +940 pips
May: +296 pips
June: +857 pips
July: +1,352 pips
August: + 35 pips
September: -20 pips
October: +1,825 pips
November: +554 pips
December: +345 pips

All calculations before October 2005 are done by hand, so it is possible that there is a small deviation. It is only to show the power of such a simple system. Maybe someone can program this for Metatrader 4.

See post #1502 for a summary of the first 1500 posts.

I don't trade an EA, so please don't ask.
This is the current version of Hans123, so please don't ask.
Use the thread's search facility before you ask.

Hans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by hans123 : 20-01-2006 at 09:51:21 AM.
............................................................................................................................................................

Note - I have simply posted the above thread extract as seen. I have never used Hans123 and have done no research into its effectiveness - so DYOR ;)
Neil

Last edited:
why dont we forward test it, as we do the Big Ben ?? ( we now have the rules )

roll on Monday...

trendie said:
why dont we forward test it, as we do the Big Ben ?? ( we now have the rules )

roll on Monday...

Good idea. ;)

PS to neil: Your second link doesn't work.

Last edited:
Baruch said:
Thank you. It's shorter than Tolstoy's War and Peace, but you have to log in to read it. :eek:

So no different to your post number 1496 then on 28/11/05 ?? C'mon Baruch.. we've been round this loop before. Still haven't registered ? It's a 2 minute job.

You don't need to read all 419 pages. Neil has copied the strategy, the rest of the thread is either 1) People making recommendations to change the strat 2) Waffle about the coding of EA's to automate the trades and 3) Hans recording each days trades.

It's all in the snippet Neil posted. No more, no less.

No need to test it... Hans has recorded each days trades and he's being tracked by various people on there that query and question the trades. So from October when he started the daily logs, the points totals are "called live"

But like I said a few posts back, it blew nearly 400 points in the space of a couple of days, yet it has bounced back again. So if you start testing it on Monday and it blows another 400 points by Wednesday, the question you have to ask yourself, is would you stick with it ???

Last edited: