Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
LOL. Didn't like to say !!

But I've added a Post-it to my monitor which says "2 losing trades and quit for the day"

Good advice. I have a pip limit for both gains and losses each day. I am quite rigid about sticking to them, but occasionally get emotional and dont heed them. Im usually back to normal the next day after being reminded that the market is the boss not me :LOL:

Well Im now going to move to trade the other love of my life..Crude. Inventory numbers out at 3:30 and I am onside 50 pips at the mo from a short from yesterday. Here's hoping!

Cableguy said:
Short @ 1.7552, 0.5 lots. Stop-loss 1.7565..

edit: target 1.7485 (previous support)

What u guys&gals think, I'm cherry picking?

I went to lunch and set a limit for 30 pips, which got filled.. +30

Kaffee said:
Good call I think. For me , if 500 goes this time.... watch out below.

Do you always stick your stops in that tight ?

If I believe it's a good resistance/support area, my stop was on the last high of the candle that did break that resistance area - had my stop been hit, I would have opted for a long. I was using the pivot and L4 as a range.

So jobless claims are ata five year low and cable rallies??? Glad Im not a fundamentalist :cheesy:

Oh very true! but still offers plenty of fading and stop picking opportunities.
I tend to play the moves off the smaller tf's for the 1st hour.

coolTrader said:
Hi all,

Missed the up move did anyone get that?

Nope - I'm still asleep, it rallied up to 556 - that was resistance yesterday. Looking at the retracement now be interesting to see how low it goes. My pivot is on the 7536 wondering how it will react around that area.

CG

just introducing myself,hopingto give myself more discipline by posting.ive been watching boards for a while.hello all

superspurs said:
just introducing myself,hopingto give myself more discipline by posting.ive been watching boards for a while.hello all

Top of a mornin to ya!