Best Thread Live Cable Trading

FetteredChinos said:
i'll see your double negative, and raise you the old maxim "sell near resistance, buy near support".

that will do me...

so how many million pips are you up today then?

LOL.

Kaffee said:
Baruch currently... 200 pips yesterday ;)
Baruch done it in one day.....I cant get that in a week :eek: , was it a live post I cant seem to find it looking back on the thread...

Why don't you use IB?

The spread is often 1 pip on EUR and 2 on GBP with a fair market to boot.

No delayed fills...

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Why don't you use IB?

No delayed fills...

JonnyT

I agree with you JonnyT. I have used interactive brokers and I have no problem with them. To be honest anything between 2-3 pips is fine. Focus on being successful and not the pips.

Do you use interactive Brokers software directly or do you use another application?

I have my own basic Apps for one click dealing and position management which IBs platform doesn't give for IdealPro.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Why don't you use IB?

No delayed fills...

JonnyT

It sounds good...But I heard a lot of stories about bad service.

Baruch said:
It sounds good...But I heard a lot of stories about bad service.

Interesting I dont know about stories I have used it and I have had no problems with them . I have even called them up and they were quite good as well.

It depends on what you are looking for I guess. OandA offer 2pips for Eur and 3 for cable but one of my gripes with them is. the spreads friday to sunday night but with this you can at least close your positions if anything happens unlike some who say they are 24hrs and are not.

So you have to weigh out what you are looking for.

coolTrader said:
Interesting I dont know about stories I have used it and I have had no problems with them . I have even called them up and they were quite good as well.

It depends on what you are looking for I guess. OandA offer 2pips for Eur and 3 for cable but one of my gripes with them is. the spreads friday to sunday night but with this you can at least close your positions if anything happens unlike some who say they are 24hrs and are not.

So you have to weigh out what you are looking for.

If you read www.elitetrader.com you can find some very negative comments about the service from IB. Some love them, some hate them... :(

coolTrader said:
I agree with you JonnyT. I have used interactive brokers and I have no problem with them. To be honest anything between 2-3 pips is fine. Focus on being successful and not the pips.

Do you use interactive Brokers software directly or do you use another application?

Yes, a bad workman and all that.

One question.... all of you "successful" traders... have you ever been asked to leave a Spreadbet provider (or reatil forex provider) ?

Kaffee said:
Baruch... any truth in the rumour you are the artist formerly known as Livermore ?

No, that's my twin brother, but we work together in the same office. :cheesy:

Kaffee said:
Yes, a bad workman and all that.

One question.... all of you "successful" traders... have you ever been asked to leave a Spreadbet provider (or reatil forex provider) ?

Never been asked to leave, but a certain S/B firm that begins with IG and ends in Index, stopped filling me on Light Sweet Crude, after I was consistently making 100+ pips per day (at decent size) during the bull run from $40 pb to $55 pb. They never admitted it of course, but I was told that my account was being "assessed".

I then went on to give pretty much half of the gains back (you know how it is, when you go on a winning run, you think you are invincible) anyway and havent used them since. Their spreads are ridiculous anyway (8 pips on Cable! 16 on Light Sweet Crude!)

zuke said:
Never been asked to leave, but a certain S/B firm that begins with IG and ends in Index, stopped filling me on Light Sweet Crude, after I was consistently making 100+ pips per day (at decent size) during the bull run from $40 pb to $55 pb. They never admitted it of course, but I was told that my account was being "assessed".

I then went on to give pretty much half of the gains back (you know how it is, when you go on a winning run, you think you are invincible) anyway and havent used them since. Their spreads are ridiculous anyway (8 pips on Cable! 16 on Light Sweet Crude!)

Yes, IG are woeful on their spreads. Would have thought at their mark ups they could afford a little latitude on good accounts.