Liquidity Providers question

fastsnail

The firm I work for has many, I don't know how many and who they are, but I know its good. Apparently we have one more LP now and this means our spreads are going to be even better and make our offer to the market place better than before.
I think I have worn out my welcome here in the office asking too many stupid questions.\
Is there some one who could explain the in's and out's of Liquidity providers to me, I get the basic concept behind it, but a more indept explaination would be welcomed. :smart: any takers!!!!

fastsnail,
If you work for a broker, then you need to know who your liquidity providers are. No one here can answer that for you - not least because we don't know who you work for. Try looking at your company website or ask the company sales staff.
Tim.

Last edited:
Tim,
Ok I know more or less who they are, and needed to ask how a new additional LP would impact our market offer, you missed the question completely and concentrated on my stupidity instead.
I searched the forum for answers to this question first and came up with nothing, no threads discussing the topic. If you can find one or answer the question that would be great.

Hi fastsnail,
Ok I know more or less who they are,
It's not my place to tell you how to do your job, but I'd have thought you ought to know exactly who they are!

. . .and needed to ask how a new additional LP would impact our market offer,
Again, this is a question for your company sales staff. I would imagine they'll tell you that the more LPs a broker has, the greater the available liquidity for your clients which means faster fills at the best available prices.

. . .you missed the question completely and concentrated on my stupidity instead.
Sorry, but it does seem a bit odd to ask us lot questions which can be answered comprehensively by your own colleagues. If you're embarrassed to ask them face to face, you could always open a Gmail of Hotmail account and pose as a prospective customer and ask them anonymously via e-mail.

. . .I searched the forum for answers to this question first and came up with nothing, no threads discussing the topic. If you can find one or answer the question that would be great.
There aren't any threads with 'Liquidity Provider' in the title, other than this one: The Importance Of Knowing Your Broker's Liquidity Provider - FXNET, but there are lots of threads that discuss the topic: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/search.php?searchid=14587342

In your shoes, I'd check out these threads - focusing on posts by Jason Rogers who is the FXCM rep' and very knowledgeable about the brokerage industry. If you're still stuck, you could send him a PM with a link to this thread and invite him to post to it. Hope that's more helpful!
Tim.

Tim,

Excellent what a great community spirit you have here and so friendly.
I will look at your suggested Threads,.
Thank you.

Kevin