Limit Order v Market Order

doco

New to stocks so using Webull Paper Trade to get a feel for it. One thing I have noticed is Webull apparently, doesn't know the difference between Limit Orders and Market Orders as all orders are treated as Market Orders. A bit frustrating.

I have tested this with ridiculously far above current price activity to set a Buy Limit Order only to have it filled as a Market Order well below the limit. Is this the nature of paper trade indifference? I haven't seen any instruction indicating Webull treats orders this way.

Thoughts
TIA
doco

I have tested this with ridiculously far above current price activity to set a Buy Limit Order only to have it filled as a Market Order well below the limit. Is this the nature of paper trade indifference? I haven't seen any instruction indicating Webull treats orders this way.
A limit order for a price means that price or better, so your buy limit order above the current ask price was correctly filled better than your limit price.

It sounds like you wanted a stop limit order which would become a limit order after the stop price is hit.

This is true except Webull only has two choices: Limit & Market.

It is what it is I suppose.

This is true except Webull only has two choices: Limit & Market.

It is what it is I suppose.
They claim to support stop limit orders.
1676337738347.png

This is all that is available.

1676393683852.png

Probably because it's papertrade and not a real money account?

Thanks
doco