limit and stop orders?

andrewh25

Can anyone tell me if any companies will end a position based on the time.

i.e.

I open a position at 2pm in the afternoon and want to close it at 3.30pm (ignoring stops). If I am not available at 3.30pm can I place a time expiry (not BOM or Xodds).

Thank you.
Regards,
Andrew.

Dont know if there are any companies that will close a position after a certain time has elapsed, but there certainly is software around that will close positions for you after a certain time has passed, it depends what you're using.

For example, I use IB to trade, along with ninjatrader as a frontend, and ninja will allow you to specify a time elapsed before it automatically closes the position.

Hope this helps.

RR

Sounds good.

Are there any comparable products to Ninja trader?

Is it possible to integrate it with a chart and tools so in effect the process of buying and selling on signals is totally automated?

How much is it? It looks like just the ticket!

Regards,
Andrew.

there are lots of other IB frontends for sure :

autotrader
bracketrader (might be two "t"s) :cheesy:
Tsim

Dont know if they will do the time elapsed business though. Tap them into google, you'll find them - i'm not sure of the links.

Ninja will allow you to write a data file in notepad or similar to automate trading at predetermined prices - never used it so I'm not sure how it works, only that its there.

Its $30 a month for the full "package".

www.ninjatrader.com

Hi Andrew, I use Tsim and I think it does the same thing as Ninjatrader for automatic trading with text files. I think BracketTrader does too. Both are free, but neither is as sophisticated as Ninja. With any of the three you would need something to send the automatic order to them to tell them to close your position. Anyway here are the links if you want to find out more.

http://www.tradingsimulation.com
http://www.bracket-trader.com

Tradestation allows time denominated orders if you use the automated execution through their brokerage service.