Liberty Reserve SCAM??

Fxtekkie

I just read that Liberty Reserve has been taken down permanently as the founder was arrested for money laundering.

I've never used this deposit option (glad I didn't) because I couldn't trust it, it seems like one big scam.

I will continue to use regulated methods such as credit card, wire transfers and moneybookers to make sure my money is safe with my broker.

Would be interesting to see how many traders have been affected by this! let us know?

I just read that Liberty Reserve has been taken down permanently as the founder was arrested for money laundering.

I've never used this deposit option (glad I didn't) because I couldn't trust it, it seems like one big scam.

I will continue to use regulated methods such as credit card, wire transfers and moneybookers to make sure my money is safe with my broker.

Would be interesting to see how many traders have been affected by this! let us know?

I've used it to buy online goods in the past along with egold, which is also now shut down for money laundering. Both were a bit dodgy, associated mainly with some weird websites and I am sure their main users were criminals. I don't think the company Liberty Reserve actually scammed anyone as such but they weren't licensed and it was rife with criminal activity.

I also use Moneybookers at the moment. But I am a bit nervous if the same thing gonna happen for moneybookers ??? Any clue mate.

I was too lucky, I did a withdrawal from my Forex account to LR. And I got this news that time I talked with my broker and they sent money to my MB account.

I've used it to buy online goods in the past along with egold, which is also now shut down for money laundering. Both were a bit dodgy, associated mainly with some weird websites and I am sure their main users were criminals. I don't think the company Liberty Reserve actually scammed anyone as such but they weren't licensed and it was rife with criminal activity.

I also don't think that LR scammed anyone. But this shutdown due to money laundering. Better if the relevant authority can take action to release the funds to relevant parties.

I also use Moneybookers at the moment. But I am a bit nervous if the same thing gonna happen for moneybookers ??? Any clue mate.

Lib Res appeared on a list a while ago along with a number of other E-Wallet that would possibly being investigated.

Payza was one of these who have since changed their T&Cs, as did Perfect Money in the wake of the LR close.

Moneybookers was not on that list. I think MB will be OK, I think they are more reputable.

Referred to post can be seen here - ISSUU - DGC Magazine November 2011 by DGC Magazine