Levels

maxima

Established member
Guys! Could you please explain what these 'levels' on Sierra website actually mean?

It says IB provides/supports (?) levels 3,10,4,8,5,9... What they are? And why is that strange sequence - 1 7 6 2 3 10 4 8 5 9...

What level is necessary to scalp FTSE future intraday?

Probably 3 is all you need. 4 has extra usability features but they are not essential for a short term trader.
Thank you. I've seen that chart. I just wanted to know - what each level delivers.

Special Features == L4

* Detailed and reliable Historical Intraday Data for TransAct and OEC.
* Interactive Scale Control. This is invoked by clicking and dragging on the price scale area on the right side of the chart.
* Studies: Ask Volume vs. Bid Volume Study, Kagi Chart Study, Renko Chart Study, Three Line Break Chart Study, and Volume by Price Study.
* 3 Point Extension and Retracement, Gann Grid, and Angle Ellipse Highlight tools.
* Chart Drawing Alerts.
* All Trading Interface Features. For levels that do not include special features, TD Ameritrade users still have access to basic trading features except for Chart Trading and the ChartDOM (TM).
* ChartDOM (TM) - This is a fully functional trading DOM (depth of market) integrated with charts.

Standard Features == L3

Standard Features includes all features you see in the software or documented on this website, not including the other features and support for services expressed in the table above.

Thank you again. Will go with 3 :)

I have opened IB account - as their unbundled fees are smaller than Mirus and OEC and 38ms ping to their Swiss server is the best.

Margin requirements 4 times higher than Mirus though

IB are worried about markets and what will happen if too many customers get margin calls. On another forum a few months back there was much moaning about IB putting up margins.

Now, in Australia, we have seen a broker go bust after margin calls in the recent drop, leaving clients and investors wondering where their money went. It makes IB's conservatism quite attractive when they've got a large chunk of your money.