let's be honest: who is making money trading "mechanically"?

I like! How long have you traded this way for? And have you looked at other timeframes with your system?

I like! How long have you traded this way for? And have you looked at other timeframes with your system?

This system is running right now, forward testing in demo. It works with other pairs and timeframes and brokers. But it's designed NOT to work on higher time frames as they are needed for confirmation. I'm really satisfied with it. Just wish I had more tick data so I could go back a few years in testing on lower TFs.

Obviously the small retail trader cant compete on execution, r&d budget, operations etc with the big boys.

To compete I have to trade in a style where those things arent as important to success. This neutralizes their performance and budget edge over me.

A bit like driving to work in the heavy rush hour traffic in a ferrari or a ford focus, the extra performance and budget of maintaining a ferrari wont get you to work much faster than me.

Obviously If Im driving a ferrari, You better get to work before I do...........

Hello everyone. I have been working on a mechanical system for some years. I started hosting it on grecca.collective2.com, and it's designed to make .7% per day with one trade entry/exit a day, placed before market open. Modest gains, but on a very constant basis. Would anyone care to help me test it and give me feedback on it? It's subscription-based, but this coupon code makes it free: UGRB43762
This probably counts as advertising, but I'm really looking for feedback more than subscriptions. Thank you,

I spent five years developing my trading systems, sometimes spending a hundred hours a week of effort.

If i paid a quant for five years r&d we are looking at around a million in costs.

As for execution, i use Interactive Brokers (IB). They provide me access to the same hardware and software infrastructure they use to generate almost a billion dollars a year in automated trading profits. I plug my automated systems into their infrastruture.

So i have spent the equivalent of a million quid on R&D and i have access to a professional execution infrastructure which probably cost IB in the region of 100+ million to develop.

So i would say automated trading for a single guy against the big boys is not completely unviable...

I read Interactive Brokers (IB) profile and it seems like they only make money by being electronic broker and market maker. Do they invest a lot by their own money? I know the boss is great but I am not sure if he personally invests money or the company generates money by "investing" everyday.

Hello everyone. I have been working on a mechanical system for some years. I started hosting it on grecca.collective2.com, and it's designed to make .7% per day with one trade entry/exit a day, placed before market open. Modest gains, but on a very constant basis. Would anyone care to help me test it and give me feedback on it? It's subscription-based, but this coupon code makes it free: UGRB43762
This probably counts as advertising, but I'm really looking for feedback more than subscriptions. Thank you,

It hasn't placed a trade for months ?
There are plenty of better ones on Collective2 imho

Attachments

• Collective2.PNG
    Collective2.PNG
    68 KB · Views: 298