LearnToTradeFutures

Wow this looks like a conjob at the higher levels.
He says on his questions page:
===========
How many people attend each course?

A Henceforth around 10.

Q How much is the course fee?

A £5000 or equivalent in local currency.
===================================
He makes 50,000 pounds every course! Way to go Duncan. I can understand why too.
Trading is risky, why do that when you can make multiples of 50,000 pound every year - at no risk at all.

And why does he teach?
=========================
I like to teach people from time to time when it suits me. Also, after trading for several years, I found what I was doing grindingly lonely. The isolation was painful... I wanted people to talk to...
===============
So why does he charge 5000 pounds? Why not free?
========
That is so they "value his teaching". Seriously that is his reason!.
The guy is basically the Mother Theresa of vendors, lol.

Last edited:
It is "alleged" that this guy copied, almost exactly, the teaching techniques used by a well known contributor to T2W who posts on this site quite extensively.

Paul

Robertson

The Independent newspaper quoted former building society employee Lynn Cope, one of Robertson's 'graduates', as saying "The thing that convinced me when I first met him was that he watched a screen while he talked - and successfully predicted the direction of the S&P futures index 13 times in succession." And both the Guernsey Evening Press and a Scottish newspaper had Robertson describing how a student who had "lost" all his money in a paper exercise was tied to a chair and blindfolded. Robertson explained: "Being tied up was an allegory for his powerlessness, and he was blindfolded because he had no money left for data feed and therefore couldn't see the market." Now consider this from the Sunday Times of January 11, 1998. In a report about an investment training course, one trainee is quoted as saying: "The thing that convinced me when I first met him was that he watched a screen while he talked - and successfully predicted the direction of the S&P futures index 13 times in succession." But the trainee was not former building society employee Lynn Cope. It was a newsagent named AS. And the man giving the training course was not Duncan Robertson. It was a retired horologist AL. AL even tells the same story of tying a student to a chair with, word for word, the same explanation. The journalist who wrote The Sunday Times story, Andrew Webb, told me Robertson had copied his story, inserting his own name. "It was quite flagrant," he said. "The guy has no shame. He just doesn't believe in copyright." This is not the only example of other people's work being used for Robertson's benefit. He set up a website to advertise his courses, and within days faced protests from Martin Cole, who is in the same line of business in Spain. Cole said: "He copied my website. He basically downloaded it in its entirety, he changed my name for his then posted up the website." Robertson dismisses all this as irrelevant. He told me the article in the Guernsey paper had been planted by his publicity agent. He said: "It was sent to the Guernsey newspaper as a bit of an example, but somehow it seemed to relate specifically to me… it's not a big deal, it's not a big issue." And he dismisses Cole as a jealous rival.

Robertson admits his website matched Cole's, but he told me: "Cole is making a big hoo-ha out of nothing. He envies my ability to teach people." Copying someone else's publicity material may not automatically mean that Robertson is a dud at trading or teaching. But there is a question mark over this, too. Robertson says he was a professional trader with a City bank. But when asked its name, he replied: "I'd prefer not to involve them." And when I asked how many people had attended his courses, he told me: "I'd prefer to keep that figure out of the press." Some former students are so unhappy they have set up their own website, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DuncanRobertson. One said: "He does not make a living from trading, but from selling worthless training courses." This has been like opening a window on a small world where everyone knows everyone else. Robertson turns out to have been a trainee on a course run by AL, the man featured in The Sunday Times. So was Martin Cole. AL learned about stock market trading at a course run by a reputable training firm in Somerset called FTS.

If Robertson can't establish better credentials than the tarnished ones I've found, look elsewhere for your training.