Learning profitable automated trading

ok then sensible dabate..

why do i need to test it through the most difficuilt trading years? when you dont?

and dont give me some bs about trading data

In 2001 , 2002 and 2003 the system did not do very well .Although it made a profit , there is a tweak to this system which would have made triple double to triple the profits shown.

All this nuggets of info is confidential and propreitary.

why would you need to back test 2001,2002,2003, when we are not in those years? we are in 2010..

who cares if your system performs in the past when it almost certainly doesnt now, which is why you wont test past 2008. (well you have tested it but you have seen the results so dont post them)

ok then sensible dabate..

why do i need to test it through the most difficuilt trading years? when you dont?

and dont give me some bs about trading data

In a few weeks I will test it when I have time .I have some data for some currencies until end of 2008 .

I don't have the data , provide me with 1m data in metatrader hst format in 4 digits and I will test.The other problem is data for metatrader changed to 5 digits after 2008.

I don't have tradestation.

so what if it changes to 5 digits? does that mean your system doesnt work? lol.

maybe you should get tradestation with your untold riches of system trading?

but from what your saying, you design system, back test them to 2008 to find if they work, then trade them live with blind faith on the current market? some how i don't quite believe that.

more to the point actually, after 2008 you say its 5 digits which causes a problem..so err...how are you trading them live as we speak? am i the only one who see's threw this clown?

go just admit you're a fraud and we can be done with it

so what if it changes to 5 digits? does that mean your system doesnt work? lol.

maybe you should get tradestation with your untold riches of system trading?

but from what your saying, you design system, back test them to 2008 to find if they work, then trade them live with blind faith on the current market? some how i don't quite believe that.

Half data is in 4 digits , half in 5 digits bit akward to back tests half and half in 4/5.

The system is on live accounts on 5 digits.

Why give tradestation my profits in fees?

Why should I make you believe it?I don't sell anything to make anyone believe me.

more to the point actually, after 2008 you say its 5 digits which causes a problem..so err...how are you trading them live as we speak? am i the only one who see's threw this clown?

go just admit you're a fraud and we can be done with it

The only fraud is someone who pretends to be a Rothschild.

The system was converted to 5 digits for live trading.

so answer me this. you back test up to 2008, then unleash them on the real market having no clue if they will work or not? true/false?

so answer me this. you back test up to 2008, then unleash them on the real market having no clue if they will work or not? true/false?

2001 to 8 gave us a good range of market conditions to back test on , however we were not sure of if any bugs existed in the automated systems and if live accounts would trade the same as demo testing on feeds supplied by bucket shops, this would only be known after a live run on small amounts.

Hope you understand about development and testing.

that doesnt answer my question.

do you or do you not trade systems live that have only been tested up to 2008?

Attachments

• live%20returns.jpg
    live%20returns.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 213
you make all these lists of why automated systems are better than discreitonal trading, but you forgot to mention you're making $1500 over 958 trades, thats a dollar 50 per trade and a 53% winning ratio. also loving the 30% drawn down.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

For some reason I'm not getting email notification of thread replies ... going back to something I posted earlier, simply dividing total return by number of years overstates the CAGR.

E.g. let's say you made 200 pct in 10 years, that is NOT the same as 20 pct CAGR, it's more like 12 pct/year (1.12^10 approx equals +200 pct profit).

Thus it is accurate in this example to say the system makes 12 pct a year, not 20 pct a year. This is a common error I see frequently.

Anyway, you two ladies continue..

check it! just made my own system thats wipes the floor with odt..took all of 5mins!

back tested over a year

7 winning trades, no losses, 120% over a year..wow holy grail...oh no wait i kept adjusting it till it gave me the print out i wanted. shame it doesn't actually work

Have you posted it on ebay yet? I'm looking to buy a nice cheap auto trade system that works as well as yours or better! I'm too lazy to want to trade myself anymore, after all this is the 21st century already.

Peter