Last Competition

Bodacious

lAST cOMPETITION

sORRY TO SOUND DENSE BUT WHERE CAN i SEE THE RESULTS OF THE COMPETITION THAT ENDED ON THE 2OTH????
:confused:

Shhhhh ... you're shouting with all those capitals! :cheesy:

Sharks is away on holidays (yes, yet again) so it might take a few days for him to respond.

OOps sorry about that but I had my caps lock on without knowing it. DOH!!!!!

I just wondered if I was missing it???

Hi Bodacious,

Skim was right - I was on my hols, but I'm back now - so I'll be able to post the final results this evening. We don't currently display the final rankings for previous competitions. As soon as a new one starts the ranking table gets reset, perhaps it would be an idea to allow members to view a history of results?

Paul.

It would be nice to see how everyone did./ Also as I didnt log in on the last day I am not sure how I did ??

Hope you had a nice holiday, I know I enjoyed my four days off

Thanks Bodacious

Indeed it was a welcome break!

The top 10 results from the competition ending last Thursday (Fri being a bank holiday) were as follows:

1 CrashProof £78,911.80
2 NiceOne £66,803.08
3 Trueblues £65,749.45
4 waldorf £64,501.44
5 stathis20 £62,672.91
6 Monster £62,500.00
7 Lempicka £60,763.55
8 Amdrac £60,613.02
9 clin £58,467.94
10 pwootton £57,874.62

and you came in 17th place with a total worth of £54,217.64 (well done!)

Unfortunately no commentary this time round, as I was off on hols. But congratulations to this month's winner - CrashProof who finished with a most impressive total worth of £78,911.80 after just four weeks, that's a staggering 58% increase. Also well done to NiceOne (£66,803.08) and Trueblues (£65,749.45) who take the silver and bronze medals.

CrashProof will be our first member to win a free 3 month subscription of ADVFN level 2 data. Congratulations!

Paul.

Well done everyone, and a good result crash prrof. I am quite chuffed to come in 17th at my first attempt.

Sharky, how about raising the booty to 100K. That way we can buy a wider variety of stocks. It is not advisable to buy a wide selection of stocks with 50K because of spreads.

I would go for that, as long as the limit of only having five stocks was raised to ten. Although I think Agincourt has more than five in his portfolio, or at least did have at one point. Did I miss the change on this already, or has Agincourt discovered a bug in the system? All bought within a few minutes of each other.

Well I can tell you we haven't increased the max shares to more than 5, so Agincourt has demonstrated some ingenuity to get 10 in his portfolio (I'll drop him an email and ask him to reduce his holdings to 5).

As for increasing the booty to 100K and the max shares to 10 - I'm all for it, if that's the consensus. I'm going to post a poll in the Competition forum, so if you can register your vote, we can then make a decision for the next competition as to whether any changes are made to the rules. Also keep an eye out for new of a series of enhancements to the competition planned for this Summer.

Paul.