Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets!

Trader J

Let's play a little game. Each of you start with $ 10.000. You decide your entry, your exit and how much you want to bet. You also decide your objective, in other words how much you want to make.
Below is the graph of a Commodity. The Last bars details: Open = 28.97, High = 29.45, Low = 28.57, Close = 29.29. The green lines are the Highest High of the last 12 days on top, the bottom green line are the lowest Low of the last 12 days (like Bollinger Bands). The red line is a 18 simple moving average.One point is $ 11.50. In other words, if price moves from 7.10 to 7.11 is $ 11.50.
Place your entry price and how much you are betting. You can go Long, Short or stay neutral (decide to stay in cash). You have got a 50% chance of being correct - that is about what most good systems have to offer. So, don't worry too much about your Entry.
After a few days I will show the next graph, then for you to decide to take the next step. After about 50 days or so, we will compare the results.
To commit yourself, write your Entry, Stop Loss and position sizing (how many contracts) below.
(I will not play as I know the outcome of each trade already.)

Attachments

• Bar 1.jpg
    Bar 1.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
I am surprised that none of the visitors want to play this game. More than 80% of the traders don't make money. Are you still looking for the Holy Grail? There is none. Stop looking for answers outside yourself. Look inward. You are in the position you are at because of the behavior patterns you have shown up until now. If you would like to see a different outcome, start asking yourself questions and find the answers that work for you.
The best traders in the world are right only between 40 and 60%. This is a Money Game where position sizing and exit strategies determine the outcome.
I hope this helps you find the courage to create a new path for yourself. Don't get me wrong: I don't mind if you don't play the game - I am already financially independent. Playing the game without knowing the outcome helps you in finding out what your challenges are, how you can address them and become profitable.

The chart you were looking at was from Sugar. Attached is the end result. It would have been a nice learning experience. Have a look at the chart and and see what you learn. Ask yourself why you were not in that trade and what you can learn from it? What would have been your Entry? When? What would have been your Stop Loss? Why? Would you have adhered to the SL? What were your worst case scenarios? How would you have handled them? What would have been your exit? When? Why? Would this have been a profitable trade for you? If so, did you catch most of the move? Why not? Did you keep a journal? What were your learning experiences?
Good luck trading.

Attachments

• Did you miss this move Ask yourself why.jpg
    Did you miss this move Ask yourself why.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 351
Let's play a little game. Each of you start with $ 10.000. You decide your entry, your exit and how much you want to bet. You also decide your objective, in other words how much you want to make.
Below is the graph of a Commodity. The Last bars details: Open = 28.97, High = 29.45, Low = 28.57, Close = 29.29. The green lines are the Highest High of the last 12 days on top, the bottom green line are the lowest Low of the last 12 days (like Bollinger Bands). The red line is a 18 simple moving average.One point is $ 11.50. In other words, if price moves from 7.10 to 7.11 is $ 11.50.
Place your entry price and how much you are betting. You can go Long, Short or stay neutral (decide to stay in cash). You have got a 50% chance of being correct - that is about what most good systems have to offer. So, don't worry too much about your Entry.
After a few days I will show the next graph, then for you to decide to take the next step. After about 50 days or so, we will compare the results.
To commit yourself, write your Entry, Stop Loss and position sizing (how many contracts) below.
(I will not play as I know the outcome of each trade already.)

Buy Stop Long @ 29.77
Sell Stop Short @ 29.53
so price has to move inside these two price boundaries before I set up a resting Entry

Buy Stop Long @ 29.05
Sell Stop Short @ 28.81
so price has to move inside these two price boundaries before I set up a resting Entry

if price doesn't move into either pair of boundaries, I remain neutral

edit: oops, sorry I just noticed it was a few days old, AND that nobody else had participated.
wanna try again ?

I am surprised that none of the visitors want to play this game. More than 80% of the traders don't make money. Are you still looking for the Holy Grail? There is none. Stop looking for answers outside yourself. Look inward. You are in the position you are at because of the behavior patterns you have shown up until now. If you would like to see a different outcome, start asking yourself questions and find the answers that work for you.
The best traders in the world are right only between 40 and 60%. This is a Money Game where position sizing and exit strategies determine the outcome.
I hope this helps you find the courage to create a new path for yourself. Don't get me wrong: I don't mind if you don't play the game - I am already financially independent. Playing the game without knowing the outcome helps you in finding out what your challenges are, how you can address them and become profitable.

The best traders are right between 40-60%? Why is that relevant, only expectancy matters. Is this thread a joke??

wellllllllllll.... i could do that, or I could say just look here:
up 100% in less than three months on the most basic of settings.
20% discount applies right now. 24/7 support, specific settings for specific markets and all software updates included

No holy grail huh? You have it wrong right from the beginning. Remove the emotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
wellllllllllll.... i could do that, or I could say just look here:
up 100% in less than three months on the most basic of settings.
20% discount applies right now. 24/7 support, specific settings for specific markets and all software updates included

No holy grail huh? You have it wrong right from the beginning. Remove the emotion.

Percentage gain is completely irrelevant if we don't know all other trading and risk management parameters. In fact it's so useless it's better not to mention it if you want to look professional.

As a side note, those that think they are detailing their performance when they mention percentages won/lost on trades (or overall) without mentioning these other parameters are offering nothing insightful whatsoever.

How true. Comments such as "75 pct winning accuracy" and "100 pips a day" are the other sure hallmarks of a scam artist/idiot.

oh dear, did I say that? and what a load of ********. Up 100% means doubled your money - just in case you dont quite get it. That is in less than three months, in case you dont get that. I would bet that you dont make much. You could of course post your results as I do:

Please show me where the scam is you two champions of trading you! too funny, and pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
and what a load of ********. Up 100% means doubled your money - just in case you dont quite get it. That is in less than three months, in case you dont get that. I would bet that you dont make much.

Yes, I understand what 100% increase means. I made 2,184% last month on one account.

That's over 21 times my money - just in case you don't quite get it.

That is also in just four weeks, in case you don't quite get it.

And as great as it sounds and as true as it is, it's also quite meaningless. You know...just in case you don't quite get it.

hahahhahahah dear oh dear you are a buffoon. Clearly you dont need much encouragement. I will leave you to bask in your own idiocy.

Were you two really going at it at 1am in the morning? Despite your stellar returns, that's pretty sad. dante, i'm surprised you allowed yourself to rise to the bait.

Were you two really going at it at 1am in the morning? Despite your stellar returns, that's pretty sad. dante, i'm surprised you allowed yourself to rise to the bait.

What's the fact that it's 1am got to do with it?

One shouldn't be sleeping when the market is trading 24 hours.

Anyway - just some mischievous fun whilst trading the NZD ;)

Position sizing and exits are more important than entries. Charts might be useful, but they're only a part of it.