Ken Roberts

Pippppin

About ten years ago I subscribed to TWMPMM (The World's Most Powerful Money Manual), a "course" sold by Ken Roberts aimed at trading the commodity markets.

How successful Ken is/was as a trader is open to question. He was certainly very successful as a result of his course. TWMPMM is actually a very basic discussion of 1-2-3 formations and "sideways channels". However, the course did inspire me to trade and research the commodity markets.

I wonder if many T2W users have come across Ken Roberts course, and if so, what experiences they have had trading.

Look on Elite trader .com......he is regularly pilloried (rightfully) over there

I first heard about him 15 years ago I guess. I never had a lot of success with his techniques, but thanks to a wise broker name Nell who taught me the value of a stop loss, I didn't lose much either. I do credit him with giving me a broad overview of investing/trading and some inspiration to do my own research and to find out more about how markets work.

I recently came across two of his packaged programs at a thrift store:
"advanced commodity trading techniques: options workshop" This is 4 videos on options strategies - there is no work book or reading material

"the greatest american investment" it consists of 4 audio tapes from Ted Warren, titled "how to make the stock market make money for you," an 'inspirational' video call 'get going,' and a couple of worksheets / trade logs - really, there's no significant written material with this one either.

I expect he sells these things for $100's knowing Ken, but I picked these up for a pittance, and found they really are more of the same - kind of a broad overview of the topic - but lacking in the area of risk management and pitfall avoidance. They may have had workbooks at one time, but I do not see any with them now.

As I said, I paid a pittance for them, and would be happy to pass them along for shipping and handling to someone who might like to have an introduction, - but hates to read. I'm thinking it wouldn't be worth the cost to ship overseas, so U.S. folks only please. Send me private mail if you are interested.

JO

Last edited:
About ten years ago I subscribed to TWMPMM (The World's Most Powerful Money Manual), a "course" sold by Ken Roberts aimed at trading the commodity markets.

How successful Ken is/was as a trader is open to question. He was certainly very successful as a result of his course. TWMPMM is actually a very basic discussion of 1-2-3 formations and "sideways channels". However, the course did inspire me to trade and research the commodity markets.

I wonder if many T2W users have come across Ken Roberts course, and if so, what experiences they have had trading.

I saw this and I had to post ... I got his TWPMM course back in the 90s. I remember he had a share of the brokerage that charged you $100 per round turn to trade with them.

The thing I credit Ken with is giving me the trading bug ... his stuff starting my trading education.

:)