Kelly betting

trendie

Legendary member
6,732 1,297
You might want to elaborate on what you understand to be "Kelly betting", so we know the context of the question.
Or some link to a document that describes its characteristics.

Lodian32

2 0
Not heard his name mentioned for a while, I read Fortunes Formulas by William Poundstone when I was 15, I think its a massively underrated book. It goes into Kelly quite a bit,

So you mean do people trade risking only 2% of their capital at a time?
This would be extremely limiting on a small account, and in high risk ventures like futures I think you would be struggling to hold any position for any length of time.

Lodian

NVP

Legendary member
37,731 2,083
nothing wrong with 2% per trade all........especially in the early stages of trading

N

Lodian32

2 0
Oh its a good way to stay alive.
Depending on your starting capital though , I think it would be suited to ventures such as FX and micro futures.

I mean say your doing the ES and you put 5kusd in, you can't lose more than 100$ on any position or you have to liquidate it, thats 2 points. So maybe as a scalping strategy it could work I guess....

Lodian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock