Jpy

TheBramble

Legendary member
Although I'm a relative newbie to FX, I've been having some success recently, especially with JPY.

The thing is, as a tyro price & volume merchant, I'm a little lost in the volume-less world of FX.

I use tick-pressure as a proxy for volume, but even so, I'm not (yet) convinced it is a valid proxy.

Long story short - my view is that JPY is making a new Bull trend in GBP and EUR (perhaps less so in USD).

Anyone willing/able to confirm my view or explain why it isn't?

what sort of time frame did you have in mind for this new bull trend T?

Do you mean when starting or how long duration?

I'm taking the view it's already in place otherwise I wouldn't be noticing it. On all timeframes it has a positive trend (perhaps flatter on the Daily) and is beginning to take out previous Resistance and turn it into Support (196.50 on GBP/JPY for instance).

The thing is, I don't want to be reading what isn't there and using tick-pressure for something it isn't - if you get my drift.

In looking at EUR/JPY, USD/JPY and GBP/JPY - for them all to be exhibiting this behaviour indicates weakening Yen (obviously) and/or strengthening of EUR, GBP and USD.

But with the Dollar strengthening against the Pound and the Euro, and the Pound strengthening against the Euro - with all these somewhat counter-balancing movements in the other 3 currencies, for all of them to be relatively strengthening against YEN indicates a very weak Yen. Hence a good position for Longs against other currencies at present?

Am I reading this correctly?

TheBramble said:
Do you mean when starting or how long duration?

I'm taking the view it's already in place otherwise I wouldn't be noticing it. On all timeframes it has a positive trend (perhaps flatter on the Daily) and is beginning to take out previous Resistance and turn it into Support (196.50 on GBP/JPY for instance).

The thing is, I don't want to be reading what isn't there and using tick-pressure for something it isn't - if you get my drift.

In looking at EUR/JPY, USD/JPY and GBP/JPY - for them all to be exhibiting this behaviour indicates weakening Yen (obviously) and/or strengthening of EUR, GBP and USD.

But with the Dollar strengthening against the Pound and the Euro, and the Pound strengthening against the Euro - with all these somewhat counter-balancing movements in the other 3 currencies, for all of them to be relatively strengthening against YEN indicates a very weak Yen. Hence a good position for Longs against other currencies at present?

Am I reading this correctly?

To be honest i treat each pair as its own to avoid indecision, I dont have time to do any charts at the moment but if your looking for bull trend in £Y and EY your may be a little late to the table, Both are at critical points in the larger time frames (tucked under resistance) as is E$ with its weekly trend violated.
Sorry ive got no opinion on tick, anything smaller than 30min gets my EC going the wrong way :eek: :LOL:

edit: eres a quick one ;)

Attachments

• quicky.JPG
    quicky.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 268
Last edited: