John Piper's Trading Protege Course.

I feel sorry for the people who follow the link to his website and pay the hefty fee for this information. I mean come on who wouldn't want to rack up "more than 20 per cent over a few weeks" -- though in fairness he does start the sentence with "A few times"; Wow John, calm down. I'm still palpitating from the "free money".
This made me chuckle - how right you are! I haven't and never will be interested in this rubbish - you can tell even before you open the envelope it's a mass production to the 'Limited Few' Ha, check out the colour of the franked post - if it's red it's OK to open and then throw away ,but if it's blue it's being sent to 1000's possibly 10,000's of punters, so just bin it. Ever noticed how most of the so-called successful 'experts' always look as though they're posing in the local community centre? John Piper the painter is far more interesting.

Did anyone attend his last one..

If so did he make money on the day while trading live in front of the attendees?

Well bold claims indeed stating he's the UK's number 1 Binary Trader. That sort of thing needs backup by law doesn't it to avoid mis representation? wonder what they have on file and who carried out the audit or verification ?

go John go... Number 1 what ? by volume, frequency, losses? maybe their office will provide details.

Yet another John Piper invite in the post this morning! I'm starting to think that he makes more money from 'teaching' than he does from 'trading'! This is at least the third invite which I have received so I'm guessing that these seminars are good payers.

Normal snake oil stuff.

Steve.

Hi there all you budding traders.
I have attended John Piper's Seminar, and found it both profitable and worthwhile.
I have learned from experience, that you only get what you pay for, and if you looked into John piper's past, you find him a very well respected trader, who has at least 30 years in the business.
How many of you guys out there have held out for that long? I seriously doubt only a handful, and of those, who is actually making any money !!!
I would rather have a guy who is level headed and doesn't 'bull********' you, than have some half witted 'pretend' trader who takes your money, only for you yo find it's a scam.
In conclusion. John Piper is a well informed Professional Trader, who takes trading seriously, and gives intelligent advice, and also helps you MAKE money, not LOSE it !
By the way, to all you 'bad mouthers' out there, I shorted the ftse 100, way back in May 08 and made 1100 points from his advice, and I would rather do that, than listen to tittle tattle all the time, together with 'negative remarks'
I thought Traders were supposed to be of a positive disposition and helped one and other.
It beggars belief, when all you lot do is 'slag off' professional traders, which leads to nowhere.
And yes, I would make money from seminars (a bucket load off it!!!) if i were in his fortunate position.
If Mr Piper is reading this, 'All the very best and keep up the good work!!!'

Regards

Aldo

Hi there all you budding traders.
I have attended John Piper's Seminar, and found it both profitable and worthwhile.
I have learned from experience, that you only get what you pay for, and if you looked into John piper's past, you find him a very well respected trader, who has at least 30 years in the business.
How many of you guys out there have held out for that long? I seriously doubt only a handful, and of those, who is actually making any money !!!
I would rather have a guy who is level headed and doesn't 'bull********' you, than have some half witted 'pretend' trader who takes your money, only for you yo find it's a scam.
In conclusion. John Piper is a well informed Professional Trader, who takes trading seriously, and gives intelligent advice, and also helps you MAKE money, not LOSE it !
By the way, to all you 'bad mouthers' out there, I shorted the ftse 100, way back in May 08 and made 1100 points from his advice, and I would rather do that, than listen to tittle tattle all the time, together with 'negative remarks'
I thought Traders were supposed to be of a positive disposition and helped one and other.
It beggars belief, when all you lot do is 'slag off' professional traders, which leads to nowhere.
And yes, I would make money from seminars (a bucket load off it!!!) if i were in his fortunate position.
If Mr Piper is reading this, 'All the very best and keep up the good work!!!'

Regards

Aldo

Hi Aldo, I couldnt help but notice that your second post was very similar to your first. After you first post I replied asking a few questions. Any answers would be most useful. I've included my prior post.

Here it is......

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the feedback.

Can I ask about the Binary stuff? In the sales letter which I got the seminar seemed to be purely of a Binary Bet nature. This is what drew my attention along with the apparent staggering results which JP himself implied that he enjoyed. So my question would be; Did he actually share a binary strategy with a working methodology which you can take away, apply, and therefore make money? This would lead me to ask you; Have you started trading the methodolgy yet? And; How much money are you making / losing by following the method?

I ask all this because I have noticed that people can come away from some seminars with an almost euphoric mindset which leads to people writing all kinds of testimonials and reports on how good things were before they have even made a bean in profit from the method taught.

Look forward to your further insight,
Steve.

Hi Aldo, I couldnt help but notice that your second post was very similar to your first. After you first post I replied asking a few questions. Any answers would be most useful. I've included my prior post.

Here it is......

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the feedback.

Can I ask about the Binary stuff? In the sales letter which I got the seminar seemed to be purely of a Binary Bet nature. This is what drew my attention along with the apparent staggering results which JP himself implied that he enjoyed. So my question would be; Did he actually share a binary strategy with a working methodology which you can take away, apply, and therefore make money? This would lead me to ask you; Have you started trading the methodolgy yet? And; How much money are you making / losing by following the method?

I ask all this because I have noticed that people can come away from some seminars with an almost euphoric mindset which leads to people writing all kinds of testimonials and reports on how good things were before they have even made a bean in profit from the method taught.

Look forward to your further insight,
Steve.

You still awaiting an answer, Steve?!!!

i just started reading it. i got it because i had a binary/fixed odds system from Matt Shaw which did ok for a while, then stopped working and is now looking profitable again.. not every system works all the time! i will let you know how it goes. i havent been too impressed with Mr. Piper's offerings to date.

I have his Binary Trigger boxed DVD set (4 DVD's) if anyone wants it. PM me with an offer

I bought his DAX gap trading product system and it lost me a LOT of money back when I was just a wee beginner trader (his system was supposedly for beginners. Rather, it was for naive newbies who don't know better than to give him money in exchange for a duff system). He's one of those snake oil salesmen, stay away. This forum teaches you way more than his stuff could anyway. And systems like that don't work (I know that now, post scammed and more experienced).

I emailed him back and forth a little when I was a newbie and he was responsive, and then emailed again after I tested some tweaks and improvements to his system with a complete 8 months worth of data to compare, to see if he's legit or not from his response...he fell silent and stopped emailing me back after that....enough said!

I bought his DAX gap trading product system and it lost me a LOT of money back when I was just a wee beginner trader (his system was supposedly for beginners. Rather, it was for naive newbies who don't know better than to give him money in exchange for a duff system). He's one of those snake oil salesmen, stay away. This forum teaches you way more than his stuff could anyway. And systems like that don't work (I know that now, post scammed and more experienced).

I emailed him back and forth a little when I was a newbie and he was responsive, and then emailed again after I tested some tweaks and improvements to his system with a complete 8 months worth of data to compare, to see if he's legit or not from his response...he fell silent and stopped emailing me back after that....enough said!

Yes. I read his book, way back, and I liked it, then. However, when these types start courses, etc. and ask for money, I lose interest. I know that if I was successful at trading I couldn't be bothered with starting a training course.

I hope that trading is looking up for you, now.

He's just bought a new one out, called 'the way to trade - better'. I read the first book and I still use it to refer back to today. I like the guys witty style of writing and whilst some of it got a bit technical, I found the majority easy to understand. His you tube videos amuse me no end.

I also bought Krautgap and I had a few losing trades, but what I learned from it (and the way to trade) was priceless.

You cannot rely on any system and just follow it blind, If you could everybody would be making money and this forum would probably be like the Marie Celeste. You can't predict the market, surely everyone knows that? But you can find an edge.

I tested Krautgap myself and adapted some of the strategies and made them my own. If I remember the material correctly, it said there would be losers and there was a way of dealing with that. Trouble is it takes balls to stick with something religiously if you are a) new and b) have not focused on money management techniques (ie, you have been cleaned out).

I hope his new book is as good as the old.