Japan is already in a depression

Keep eye on Japan but only look for the yellow line (neckline), the green line (200-week ema) and the light grey line (Fibo 38.2% retracement support line)

The pattern is a Head & Shoulder TOP. If/when neckline breaks, watch all Hell break loose in Tokyo & Osaka.

What's the minimum target for a H&S? Top of head to neckline then project below ................... 13,448 = Minimum target

naked capitalism: Veneroso: Japan on the Edge of the Abyss

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN DATA THIS BAD FOR ANY MAJOR ECONOMY – EVEN IN THE GREAT DEPRESSION. December industrial production came in down 9.6%, worse than the METI forecast. It is now down almost 21% year over year. METI forecasts a further 4.7% decline in February. The inventory to production ratio soared again. Maybe METI will be correct.

If it is, Japan industrial production will have fallen 28% (non annualized) in four months. It will have fallen by a third in about a year. Nothing in the history of major nations compares. A 28% decline in four months would be more than half of the entire decline in U.S. industrial production over the 3 years and nine months of the U.S. Great Depression.

It would be a greater decline in four months than in any 12 month period in the Great Depression in the U.S. We are literally looking at the unimaginable.

IT’S A DEPRESSION IN JAPAN – ALREADY – PURE AND SIMPLE.

It's stagnation and it is manageable. But they can't meet inflation targets and that's the problem.

Keep eye on Japan but only look for the yellow line (neckline), the green line (200-week ema) and the light grey line (Fibo 38.2% retracement support line)

The pattern is a Head & Shoulder TOP. If/when neckline breaks, watch all Hell break loose in Tokyo & Osaka.

What's the minimum target for a H&S? Top of head to neckline then project below ................... 13,448 = Minimum target

View attachment 266603

Always like to see a nice topping pattern - tells me how much energy its taking to stop this giant speeding locomotive. But wait it tells me more ................... it tells me that the topping pattern's calculation for Target is gong to be not only accurate on the basis of minimum distance traversed but also that the said target will arrive at a precise FIBO number with high odds of 161.8% instead of the standard 100%.

This concept is a work in progress and is being applied to the Great Depression crash and the 1987 crash as the pattern of the speeding locomotive is at best dubious - so there is other ways to watch out for. Fibo is knocking such methods down like there's no tomorrow. :):)

Does anybody remember Fibo's friend Gann? They say all sorts of terrible things about his personal financial condition and his other transgressions. But all his sins are forgiven because he gave Fibo a hint of something inadvertently. I say inadvertently becasue he never explored it in the fashion fibo does and did, but he knew it was a magic number. Well of course it is a magic nimber, it is a Fibo number.

Without further ado, what did Fibo find unique about 144? When used as a moving average, in conjunction with the 233 or 200 ema it often gives the warning of the impending waterfall decline.

There are other nuances of this = work in progress ;):whistle::whistle:

We don't got doodly unless the RSI base breaks with the waterfall decline along with the neckline. Japan is hanging in there like a true champion. gots to admire these boys. their food is stellar and in Thigh_land, Fibo is the only Yank invited to expat Japanese parties and gatherings and what do the boys do at such parties? While the wives prepare and pour the Sake for Fibo, the boys pound me with questions on the Nikkei. I don't mind, actually enjoy it quite a bit.

Nicky weekly

At the Duangtawan Hotel sport club one day a few moons ago, after a workout they they asked me what was in the suitcase? Hahahahahahaha, I was on my way home but had just gone to the siam commercial Bank prior to that to nail every damn Yen high denomination currency note they had. The suitcase was full and a security guard was sent to the gym to keep eye on it while we raced laps in the pool and hammered the steam.

When the Japs saw the notes, one of them blurted to the other compadres, "this yank is beating us at our own game that we play so badly"

Hahahahahahahahah, no better fun can be had than with Japs. Just MHO