Jack Straw

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110108/tuk-straw-in-claim-over-abuse-targets-6323e80.html

Well said. It needs to be said more often in Europe, too.

I'm surprised that Jack Straw has managed to think this out by himself.. I always thought of him as Gordon's lap-dog.

I wouldnt be surprised to hear him say his comments were taken 'out of context' now that the complaints have started.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...se-Jack-Straw-over-sexual-abuse-comments.html

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110108/tuk-straw-in-claim-over-abuse-targets-6323e80.html

Well said. It needs to be said more often in Europe, too.

I'm surprised that Jack Straw has managed to think this out by himself.. I always thought of him as Gordon's lap-dog.

Funny how they can say anything they like when in opposition. What Straw fails to acknowledge is that for 15 yrs he was in power and presiding over this multicultural experiment gone wrong. So his opinion was worth nothing then and is worth nothing now.

Funny how they can say anything they like when in opposition. What Straw fails to acknowledge is that for 15 yrs he was in power and presiding over this multicultural experiment gone wrong. So his opinion was worth nothing then and is worth nothing now.

Oh, no! How can you say that?

Gordie used to tell him exactly what to say. Now he is FREE! :clap:

FREE :) no he costs the tax payer a fortune and still a parasite !:rolleyes:

Jack Straw is a joke. If he occasionally manages to say something vaguely sensible, well it's nice but it doesn't change anything. It says a lot about this country that such a complete idiot was able to rise as far as he did.

I've just realised that my post #5 might be thought to be serious!

It was meant to be a joke!

Well I don’t want to end up the lone voice defending Jack Straw or anything

but ..........

Given that he was part of the Government back in 2006, and the politically correct Nazism that so afflicts our society these days I thought it was very bold of him to speak out against the veil.

Whatever he may be he’s not as bad as the majority of our spineless, snivelling, crescent kissing politicians who wouldn’t hesitate to prostrate themselves towards Mecca if they thought there were any votes in it for them.

dd

Well I don’t want to end up the lone voice defending Jack Straw or anything

but ..........

Given that he was part of the Government back in 2006, and the politically correct Nazism that so afflicts our society these days I thought it was very bold of him to speak out against the veil.

Whatever he may be he’s not as bad as the majority of our spineless, snivelling, crescent kissing politicians who wouldn’t hesitate to prostrate themselves towards Mecca if they thought there were any votes in it for them.

dd

That's true, too, but he is not Home Secretary any longer. Why did he not do more, then? What, actually, did he do when he had that office?

In any case, what he ha said now was in his favour.

That's true, too, but he is not Home Secretary any longer. Why did he not do more, then? What, actually, did he do when he had that office?

Although he may appear to be outspoken compared to other politicians perhaps even he felt intimidated into remaining quiet. Only when overwhelming evidence is screaming out at everyone did he feel confident enough to speak the truth as he sees it.

In this politically correct era we live in you have to have absolutely rock solid evidence before you speak out otherwise you will be denounced as an Islamaphobe, racist, bigot etc etc and then the PC-Nazis win.

dd

I knew Jack Straw when we were students. He was a **** then and still is now. A typical wheedling politician whom we called Man of Straw. Just because he's said something correct twice in an entire lifetime is no reason for me to change my mind about him.
Of course, he always knew which a*** to lick.

PS Please don't insult parts of the female anatomy by associating them with Straw.

Although he may appear to be outspoken compared to other politicians perhaps even he felt intimidated into remaining quiet. Only when overwhelming evidence is screaming out at everyone did he feel confident enough to speak the truth as he sees it.

In this politically correct era we live in you have to have absolutely rock solid evidence before you speak out otherwise you will be denounced as an Islamaphobe, racist, bigot etc etc and then the PC-Nazis win.

dd

On the genuflex to Mecca quote, lets not forget he was Foreign Secretary in the run up and during the Iraq war, and a key architect to pushing the case for war.

Also, he's been MP for Blackburn for x years. So he's part of the problem. It wasn't the BNP that 'uncovered' this it was a documentary maker (although local authorities and police knew of it prevalence) long ago. Since 2004 the bnp have been using this as a campaign tool, and now they have been given an ounce of credibility. The real tragedy was that it was covered up once exposed on the basis that it would inflame an already tense situation. Going for the short end money.

I don't buy this concept that you have to exert pressure on a whole (cultural?) community in order to address the problem. In a truly multicultural society you would be able to punish those in the wrong as individual scumbags. In retrospect the press coverage would have inflamed community tensions but only briefly, and clearly at a lower cost than acting now.

Last edited: