Ive had enough of Interactive Investors overpriced incompetent service.

Jimbo122

Hi All, new here.

Ive been with interactive investor for 6 years, was with TDWaterhouse prior but unfortunately ii bought them out.

Since this takeover, they have messed around with their pricing and increased it atleast 3 times if not more.

The website upgrade(more like a downgrade) they done towards end of 2017 was also a complete shambles.

Anyway, sorry for digressing, I wondered if anybody can recommend or post their experience with the following two brokers.

Iweb-sharedealing By Halifax - £5 fixed trade, no additional costs.
X-O By Jarvis - £5.95 fixed trade, unlimited accounts, no additional costs.

They both seem to offer just what I need - no periodic or inactivity charges, no admin charges, and cheaper overall trading(ii charge £8 per trade).

If you have any other suggestions, please post them, I will likely choose my borker depending on feedback...

Luckily to my suprise, it is free to exit/transfer from ii.

Hi All, new here.

Ive been with interactive investor for 6 years, was with TDWaterhouse prior but unfortunately ii bought them out.

Since this takeover, they have messed around with their pricing and increased it atleast 3 times if not more.

The website upgrade(more like a downgrade) they done towards end of 2017 was also a complete shambles.

Anyway, sorry for digressing, I wondered if anybody can recommend or post their experience with the following two brokers.

They both seem to offer just what I need - no periodic or inactivity charges, no admin charges, and cheaper overall trading(ii charge £8 per trade).

If you have any other suggestions, please post them, I will likely choose my borker depending on feedback...

I have zero experience with shares and can't offer an opinion on the brokers you've mentioned....but:

I think that Fineco bank is worth taking a look at. The trading costs are reasonable and they offer full borderless banking facilities gratis, including multicurrency accounts with money market exchange rates and no commissions.

Hi All, new here.

Hey, agree completely! I left them quite some time ago..at the end of the day, they provide nothing more than any other execution broker. They claim to have their own advisors..complete rubbish and one of the most expensive to boot
As to the alternatives, I have used and left iweb also. They didn't have the range of stocks/ETFs I wanted
If I could offer a suggestion..degiro
Cheapest by far, but still offer everything I've tried to trade, uk and us stocks leveraged etfs etc.
The platform is pretty basic and may put off most but its hard to argue given you're paying bugger all.
I never had any issues getting money out.
The only one issue is that they put unused cash into a dedicated money market account. So I didn't put all my funds in there. Also they are Dutch I believe and not subject to uk regs. Another reason not to put all your funds there. Shouldn't be an issue as you're unlikely to put all your funds in any one place anyway

Hi All, new here.

Do you consider trading CFD products or you are interested only in exchange-traded products?