issue re post search function limitations...

Lightning McQueen

...or sad tales of searching a windbags postings.

although since returning have tried to stay away from said windbag, I have tried, honest I have, the lure today was too great, not much in the way of new postings this am see.

so having tried searching the windbag postings, said task being fraught with difficulty as search limits are 10,000 emissions. is the 10k limit a safety feature? does the ministry of gaseous emissions deem exposure over 10k units toxic?

no matter. I am brave and I will face the peril if the ministry will please see fit to up their safety level. maybe 20k limit safe?

Sorry for the delay in replying LM. So, I dug a little into the admin settings and found where it's limited to 10,000. I can increase this number, but apparently not remove the limitation as if the number gets too big it can cause performance problems on the server. What exactly were you searching for? Then I'll make sure to increase it so you get all the results you need.

Sorry for the delay in replying LM. So, I dug a little into the admin settings and found where it's limited to 10,000. I can increase this number, but apparently not remove the limitation as if the number gets too big it can cause performance problems on the server. What exactly were you searching for? Then I'll make sure to increase it so you get all the results you need.

thanks for the reply sharky

I'm not searching for anything in particular, it's just a preference of how to view posts, I like to be able to have one list of every post. if a member has under 10,000 posts then yes, you get the lot. but over the limit of 10k, you don't get the oldest posts listed searching members posts from their profile, the members list or advanced search. this can mean thousands of missing posts in a few instances. it may sound odd but there we are, it's just a me thing lol.

since posting having some success playing around in advanced search, albeit in a clunky long winded fashion. so if there's going to be a server issue then maybe not an issue to worry about.