Is Trade2win as lifeless as it seems to me?

Is Trade2win as lifeless as it seems?

• Yes, activity has definitely declined.

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Maybe, I’m not here often enough to notice.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • No, it is as active as it has always been.

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
In all honesty, i think this place is dying on it's feet.
I don't post or contribute personally,because there is a severe lack of decent threads to post on, unless you are semi-retarded and do it " for the lulz"
it's quite obvious, when comparing this site to other sites, it's populated by amateurs,by that i mean traders who have never worked professionally in the market, and by market i mean the interbank mkt, not the mickey mouse spreadbetting/private mkt.
Other sites have threads inviting discussion, be it a ma crossover thread, a fib retracement thread,candles at S/R thread, harmonics, elliot wave etc...........
This place doesn't have that in my humble opinion.The nearest it gets, is Flashheart's thread,which although interesting,will be of minimal use to a newbie, as no charts are posted to illustrate the trade idea, the majority of the time.
To encourage growth, or to even keep going, the site has to realise, that the same tired old posters, are not really doing much,apart from stoking their own ego.
A few years ago even Trader D'Arsewipe,generated some interest, with his unique 8 yr old retards take on pinbars,which he managed to repackage and sell to the great unwashed.......oh wait,he was recruited by a prop shop, hold on he's setting up a propshop. oh wait he's now charging for webinars, oh wait he's back as an employee in the backwaters.................ooh ****, this place sucks, i'm off to FF:LOL:

It's hard to pinpoint the issues with T2W. I think the disadvantage they have is the the lack of rotation of new blood as you allude to. FF generally appear first in google for most things regarding trading (obviously especially FX) and when new or newish people see the immense number of forum posts on there, they are attracted to it. It doesn't mean FF's ideas are any more pertinent - there are numerous threads on FF where some guy has said 'trade with me' showing graphs, examples etc, only to suddenly stop and disappear, with some questionable results. I doubt in many cases said individual really went onto great things. Some of the posts about stopless TDI trading (for example) are (to me) completely mental, yet some of the most popular. Certainly it shows the drawbacks of having a method only for the time - there aren't many examples of time-proofing your methods to volatility, market structure etc. They get rotations of these types very often. For example, a lot of the popular threads are about the OLD EURUSD, the 150 pip ADR EU that just isn't there any more.

Here you'll see those sort of people only for a short period of time as the retention of jaded people on T2W is literally world class (perhaps due to the Britishness of the site) and they will be lambasted. If you're hopeful about the future, right or wrong, you don't want to be told you're doomed even if it might save you money. Why you would continue to actively post when you are broke/convinced trading cannot be profitable is completely beyond me since it's such a tragic waste of time when you should be exploring other avenues of making a good living since I assume that's why most people trade in the first instance, since it has few other pros beyond cash (not very fulfilling, quite dull etc). They do exist as a living warning to what newbies might become I suppose, which is a service T2W certainly provides. However, I don't think you'd choose that niche for your site if you could...

It's hard to pinpoint the issues with T2W. I think the disadvantage they have is the the lack of rotation of new blood as you allude to. FF generally appear first in google for most things regarding trading (obviously especially FX) and when new or newish people see the immense number of forum posts on there, they are attracted to it. It doesn't mean FF's ideas are any more pertinent - there are numerous threads on FF where some guy has said 'trade with me' showing graphs, examples etc, only to suddenly stop and disappear, with some questionable results. I doubt in many cases said individual really went onto great things. Some of the posts about stopless TDI trading (for example) are (to me) completely mental, yet some of the most popular. Certainly it shows the drawbacks of having a method only for the time - there aren't many examples of time-proofing your methods to volatility, market structure etc. They get rotations of these types very often. For example, a lot of the popular threads are about the OLD EURUSD, the 150 pip ADR EU that just isn't there any more.

Here you'll see those sort of people only for a short period of time as the retention of jaded people on T2W is literally world class (perhaps due to the Britishness of the site) and they will be lambasted. If you're hopeful about the future, right or wrong, you don't want to be told you're doomed even if it might save you money. Why you would continue to actively post when you are broke/convinced trading cannot be profitable is completely beyond me since it's such a tragic waste of time when you should be exploring other avenues of making a good living since I assume that's why most people trade in the first instance, since it has few other pros beyond cash (not very fulfilling, quite dull etc). They do exist as a living warning to what newbies might become I suppose, which is a service T2W certainly provides. However, I don't think you'd choose that niche for your site if you could...

What's TDI ?

A great post, IMO, and one to make me think. Here are you, with 40 posts and me, with 6000 odd and what is trhe difference? About 10 years, I think, in which I have contributed almost nothing substantial to the site. I admit it---I come on here to express an opinion and chat, but I have, also, visited ff many times. There is not a great deal of difference,. Everyone knows something and I look for an idea. To be told that a method works? I've heard it all before and there is nothing new to trading except for new people coming in. The difference between ff and T2W is that on ff I am not a subscriber. I read only, which saves them reading a lot of rubbish from me!

What you wrote about "Lultz"? I agree 100%. You'll rarely see my name on a Lultz thread--I'd rather read a book!

Last edited:
I always associate T2W weekends with my old mate, Socco. We all need a little nostalgia in our lives at times.

In all honesty, i think this place is dying on it's feet.
I don't post or contribute personally,because there is a severe lack of decent threads to post on, unless you are semi-retarded and do it " for the lulz"
it's quite obvious, when comparing this site to other sites, it's populated by amateurs,by that i mean traders who have never worked professionally in the market, and by market i mean the interbank mkt, not the mickey mouse spreadbetting/private mkt.
Other sites have threads inviting discussion, be it a ma crossover thread, a fib retracement thread,candles at S/R thread, harmonics, elliot wave etc...........
This place doesn't have that in my humble opinion.The nearest it gets, is Flashheart's thread,which although interesting,will be of minimal use to a newbie, as no charts are posted to illustrate the trade idea, the majority of the time.
To encourage growth, or to even keep going, the site has to realise, that the same tired old posters, are not really doing much,apart from stoking their own ego.
A few years ago even Trader D'Arsewipe,generated some interest, with his unique 8 yr old retards take on pinbars,which he managed to repackage and sell to the great unwashed.......oh wait,he was recruited by a prop shop, hold on he's setting up a propshop. oh wait he's now charging for webinars, oh wait he's back as an employee in the backwaters.................ooh ****, this place sucks, i'm off to FF:LOL:

I think there are plenty of interesting trading discussion threads of the sort you mention. Mostly, though, they are not active and tend to deteriorate into pretty mindless banter once everyone has said their piece - that probably puts off newcomers from re-activating the threads. It's also increasingly difficult to see the wood for the trees now that the forest is so large.

A great post, IMO, and one to make me think. Here are you, with 40 posts and me, with 6000 odd and what is trhe difference? About 10 years, I think, in which I have contributed almost nothing substantial to the site. I admit it---I come on here to express an opinion and chat, but I have, also, visited ff many times. There is not a great deal of difference,. Everyone knows something and I look for an idea. To be told that a method works? I've heard it all before and there is nothing new to trading except for new people coming in. The difference between ff and T2W is that on ff I am not a subscriber. I read only, which saves them reading a lot of rubbish from me!

What you wrote about "Lultz"? I agree 100%. You'll rarely see my name on a Lultz thread--I'd rather read a book!

The difficult thing is, what IS there to contribute once you hit a certain general point as to 'how to trade?' I algorithmically trade forex... giving general ideas as to how to do this annoys everybody, fleshing it out a bit more leads to frustration and arguments with those who have a different POV, which basically leaves the only option to post the actual code for each cross... and even I'm not stupid enough to post years of labour, sweat and blood for free.

Discretionary trading I suppose allows for some general advice that isn't entirely useless, like general advice as how to run a business, but even then... I think written and audiovisual guidance on trading has reached utter saturation, which is why FF still has activity based on encouraging the posting of full solution systems (whether they work or not), which isn't something T2W really prioritises. There are so many permutations of possible systems that it gives the appearance of mass activity, right or wrong.

IMO the place has polarised into either:

(a) people who generally know what they are doing and when not engaging with real life, post up here for recreation, which on occasion takes a detour to an interesting trading related thread.

(b) people who are looking for a solution to the trading problem. Group (a) then advise them not to bother, utilising a variety of personal styles/degrees of fercity/lulz/humour/advice/etc

I can't figure out whether it is a stalemate or perpetual check.

Forex is the 'small chip table' for the average punter, hence the fascination with sites such as, Forex Factory.

Why lose $75 with a six tick stop on the ES, when you can lose just $1 with a one hundred pip stop on the EJ?

Punters don't mind losing, but most don't want to lose their shirts.

IMO the place has polarised into either:

(a) people who generally know what they are doing and when not engaging with real life, post up here for recreation, which on occasion takes a detour to an interesting trading related thread.

(b) people who are looking for a solution to the trading problem. Group (a) then advise them not to bother, utilising a variety of personal styles/degrees of fercity/lulz/humour/advice/etc

I can't figure out whether it is a stalemate or perpetual check.

I agree Rob, there was talk of a competition, something that might actually spark some interest. I'm not saying thats the answer, but something that may actually make us question our own trading...could it be better, could we utilise something differently.
those in group (a) may get something out of it, and those in (b) also
who knows!

I agree Rob, there was talk of a competition, something that might actually spark some interest. I'm not saying thats the answer, but something that may actually make us question our own trading...could it be better, could we utilise something differently.
those in group (a) may get something out of it, and those in (b) also
who knows!

An organised competition with a half decent platform to trade from. Maybe even Flash, and his live trading buddies could join in?

I think it all gets a bit to serious on here sometimes, people need to lighten up, nothing wrong with a little light banter and a laugh. Look at the views on this thread alone compared to the posts, lots of lurkers for some reason wont post, probably fear of being be-littled or shot down, I for one have been interested in trading for just over a year and by my own admission know practically FA, ( thats not a type of analysis btw ) Yet i just spreadbet small stakes and enjoy it, I think there is a wealth of characters and knowledgeable people here and i see no shame in asking there advice on certain topics, ok fair enough, some of their posts go so far over my head that air traffic couldn't pick up, but, I really think the banning procedure needs a good looking at, Delete the offending posts, end of !

There's been some good and helpful members banned of late, lets hope they come back with a new nic.

An organised competition with a half decent platform to trade from. Maybe even Flash, and his live trading buddies could join in?

Maybe The Hare, Dash and The Leopard, could be re-instated for the new T2W competition? Now that would be a lulz fest, really funny!

See you all on the new T2W comp!

This place died cos Scose stopped posting... Cats just dont wanna admit it. If they pay me I'll come back.