Is This Just Hindsight?

Hey man, sry to hear about your issues. Listen if your don;t have a plan your doomed. No system no money. Large Windfalls is what it is called when you make a large sum of money then give it back. Mindset if what you need to work on the most. You have to convince yourself subconsciously that its ok to make money. I know this sounds crazy but you have created self defeating habits.
Please read my post, and give a system a try and before you trade anymore you have to backtest a system before your trade live so you can get use to it.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/100618-quadpips-forex-trading-system.html

ill look for you in the post

good luck

people who are successful see them self as that long before they were considered a success.

backtest the probabilty of 1:2 R:R being hit by a pin bar on some majors, on several timeframes.

DO NOT add discretion or lines, just backtest the fundamental setup, i did inside bars on cable hourlies and o about 500 and got 62%, though only 1:1, i also did pin bars off weeklies.

i used to get stressed over whether it's hindsight or reality...then i realised;just get some numbers, and then you'll get confidence, or a reality check

I'm not necerssarily aiming for a straight 1:2RR anymore. I now open two positions when a setup occurs. One order is 1:1 and the other is 1:2. If the first target is hit the stop on the second order gets moved to b/e and I aim for the second target.

Even if I could achieve 62% with just the first target and a 1:1RR that's potentially a very lucrative strike rate.

I'm happy to forward test this on a micro account for the next couple of months though.

Hey man, sry to hear about your issues. Listen if your don;t have a plan your doomed. No system no money. Large Windfalls is what it is called when you make a large sum of money then give it back. Mindset if what you need to work on the most. You have to convince yourself subconsciously that its ok to make money. I know this sounds crazy but you have created self defeating habits.
Please read my post, and give a system a try and before you trade anymore you have to backtest a system before your trade live so you can get use to it.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/100618-quadpips-forex-trading-system.html

ill look for you in the post

good luck

Ok... thanks, had a quick look at your strategy, nothing too in depth but will have another look later. I don't think I'll be using it though. The way you trade is EXACTLY what I'm trying to move away from. Indicators all over your chart, short T/F's. From the literal two second glimpse I got of your charts it looks as if you are using some sort of GMMA set up (Guppy Multiple Moving Averages). Tried it, been there, used Rainbow GMMA's you name it. Lagging indicators not for me. I want P/A only, that is all you need in my opinion.

As for the psychology when it comes to my trading, you might have a point. But... I've backtested this a bit, but I prefer to forward test with a micro account and not demo. I can lose hundreds of pips and only lose a few quid but still feel the reality of hard cash.

So once again... thanks but no thanks.

Ok... thanks, had a quick look at your strategy, nothing too in depth but will have another look later. I don't think I'll be using it though. The way you trade is EXACTLY what I'm trying to move away from. Indicators all over your chart, short T/F's. From the literal two second glimpse I got of your charts it looks as if you are using some sort of GMMA set up (Guppy Multiple Moving Averages). Tried it, been there, used Rainbow GMMA's you name it. Lagging indicators not for me. I want P/A only, that is all you need in my opinion.

As for the psychology when it comes to my trading, you might have a point. But... I've backtested this a bit, but I prefer to forward test with a micro account and not demo. I can lose hundreds of pips and only lose a few quid but still feel the reality of hard cash.

So once again... thanks but no thanks.

I get it. I only use emas and Stochastic. Its simple really you only take trades in a strong trend and wait for pullbacks. Only 2 things at play. Dont trade chop and wait for pullbacks only when the emas are fanned out

I get it. I only use emas and Stochastic. Its simple really you only take trades in a strong trend and wait for pullbacks. Only 2 things at play. Dont trade chop and wait for pullbacks only when the emas are fanned out

What you write in this post is what it is all about. I'm afraid that you have made it difficult in your previous posts, though, and you are likely to frighten people off.

What you write in this post is what it is all about. I'm afraid that you have made it difficult in your previous posts, though, and you are likely to frighten people off.

I concur. I've had a chance to read through the link to the strategy and it's not my cup of tea at all. I'm not saying it wont work I'm just saying it's certainly not for me. I am of the firm belief that everyone has to find their own style of trading. The system that suits them the best, and this invariably means they have to write the rules themselves. Following someone else's will only lead to failure as you will never have faith in that system once it starts to have DD and as human nature goes you will always want to alter something else that's not your own. Just read that thread, only three posts in and people are suggesting how to improve it.

This is a game of mindset, only a very small part is TA and that system is far too complicated for my liking. A few years ago I'd have jumped all over it, multiple MAs, Stochs, Fibs, ooooh gimmie it all, I might have even thrown an ADX on there for good measure. Now all I want is a chart. Just a plain ol simple chart thank you very much :cheesy:

Ok, So I've been testing some things out for the last few weeks on my micro account and this is the new strategy I've come up with. Make of it what you will but it's certainly simple.

Charts posted below but basically look for a pin on the H1 then look for entry on the M5 when the MAs cross, if the MAs don't cross within the first hour of a new bar on the H1 then it's a no trade.

Attachments

• pinsetuph1.png
    pinsetuph1.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 158
  • pinsetupm5.png
    pinsetupm5.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 154
Ok, So I've been testing some things out for the last few weeks on my micro account and this is the new strategy I've come up with. Make of it what you will but it's certainly simple.

Charts posted below but basically look for a pin on the H1 then look for entry on the M5 when the MAs cross, if the MAs don't cross within the first hour of a new bar on the H1 then it's a no trade.

We seem to be kindred spirits althought I suspect that there are a lot of us here!
This is a chart I posted, can't remember when. A year, at least.

Attachments

• 4444.JPG
    4444.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 152