Is this a Scam??? Newbie 1st post

scooby mc

Hi All,
Sorry for repeating what is very likely a regular newbie question,
Is this a scam????
I am doing a bit of digging (due diligence after the fact) on behalf of a friend who has over the years bought into a pile restricted shares in Medisys Crop.
My friend has been contacted by a Japanese (Allegedly) Organisation offering to buy on behalf of a client all the shares.
But only if (DA Da DAH) he sends £***** to settle a withholding tax liability
I’m no rocket scientist but this seems to stink
How do I find out what if any value Restricted Medisys shares have? If they are legitimate how would he sell them, Ect
Many thanks to anyone who reads or wishes to respond to this post,
this is a great forum and I have picked up a lot from trawling through some of the posts.

Scooby Mc

Yes it's a very typical scam. They use a variety of excuses, a fee to remove the restriction, to pay a tax etc etc. as soon as he past that money they'll disappear with it and he'll never hear from them again.

I'd guess the shares are totally worthless, if indeed he even owns shares and not just bits of paper.

I can't see a price quote for them either, looks like they may have been delisted. To answer your question they're worth zero.

So in short your friend was defrauded by criminals, he'll never see a cent of that money again. On top of that they now consider him to be a mug and they will keep hitting him with more scams until he either loses all his money or realises what is going on and stops taking calls from these criminals.

Thanks for the speedy replies, you seem to be confirming my suspicions, there seems to be a despicable industry running in the background of the stock/shares world with a focus on vulnerable and un-informed.

These guys are alleging to be regulated by the WSA(World Securities Authority) ** Which is itself “black listed” on the Swedish, Japanese and UK FAS web sites) and Guaranteed by the ASC (Asian Securities Commission) which I cant find anywhere eon the web.

Hi All,
Sorry for repeating what is very likely a regular newbie question,
Is this a scam????
I am doing a bit of digging (due diligence after the fact) on behalf of a friend who has over the years bought into a pile restricted shares in Medisys Crop.
My friend has been contacted by a Japanese (Allegedly) Organisation offering to buy on behalf of a client all the shares.
But only if (DA Da DAH) he sends £***** to settle a withholding tax liability
I’m no rocket scientist but this seems to stink
How do I find out what if any value Restricted Medisys shares have? If they are legitimate how would he sell them, Ect
Many thanks to anyone who reads or wishes to respond to this post,
this is a great forum and I have picked up a lot from trawling through some of the posts.

Scooby Mc

it stinks.......call their bluff and introduce yourself as a Securities official contacted by your friend .......

Taxi

N

They say they were established in 2005 but their website was registered 10 months ago. There is a simple rule, if they call you about any type of investment they are criminals attempting to steal your money. There are no honest companies operating like this.