Is it true that scalping doesn't work???

So, therefore, have we come to teh conclusion scalping doesn't work ? ?

Reactions: tar
So, therefore, have we come to teh conclusion scalping doesn't work ? ?

Scalping does work , but you will only maybe two to three high probability set ups up per average day per instrument , whereas Timsk made it big on ym .Ordinary blokes like us have to work harder by working on several instruments to give many great entries.

What we call scalping is actually trading probabilities rather than scalping.Trading probabilities works with spreadbetting companies , if a good trader has an edge he can execute it anywhere.

Probably it works as most of the bucket shops don't like it and try to make it difficult for the scalpers to pursue this style or trading (one of them even doesn't allow it - if you open and close a trade within 2 minutes and keep doing it they would close your account)

PS This is only my assumption - I'm not a scalper.

Probably it works as most of the bucket shops don't like it and try to make it difficult for the scalpers to pursue this style or trading (one of them even doesn't allow it - if you open and close a trade within 2 minutes and keep doing it they would close your account)

PS This is only my assumption - I'm not a scalper.

IMHO they don't like it because they think it works and they imagine that such a profitable scalper do exist ...

IMHO they don't like it because they think it works and they imagine that such a profitable scalper do exist ...

At least the bucket shop that has it in t&c are honest about it. Others would probably keep moving the goalposts for keen scalpers:whistling

If you buy 10,000 or 20,000 with a bucket shop /spreadbetter , they can't cover it in the market , other spread betting companies know that it averages out in their favour in the long run with spread edge.For larger amounts they cover in the market , so they don't mind.They don't like it because they can't cover small bets in the market .

If you buy 10,000 or 20,000 with a bucket shop /spreadbetter , they can't cover it in the market , other spread betting companies know that it averages out in their favour in the long run with spread edge.For larger amounts they cover in the market , so they don't mind.They don't like it because they can't cover small bets in the market .

They don't cover individual short term bets that's a myth, they manage their whole book if it reaches a predetermined threshold of risk they hedge ...

The 1-minute Forex scalping strategy is perfect for beginner Forex traders.
It is an intraday strategy, since it implies the opening of a position, earning a few pips and then closing the position on the same day. It is one of the most basic and most resource trading strategies

What techniques and rules do you suggest for starting a scalping strategy?

This topic is one of the most useful I have found that points out hard truths about scalping but I am a beginner and need to first learn a lot of technical terms just to understand peoples replies here.

'technical terms' aka 'jargon' is just something people use to dress up simple things to make them look complicated.

Read the plain english replies for a quicker route to understanding.

You'll soon learn to translate on the fly...

Some Examples -

Quantitative Easing = Printing Money.
Taxation = Theft.
Bull Market = Greed.
Bear Market = Fear & Panic.
High Volume = Stampede.
etc.
Easy once you get the hang of it.

;)

When a broker identifies a scalper and starts secretly working the exchange against the scalper = Shady. Scam job. Crook.

Scalping can be profitable. However, in order to do it, successfully, you need to avoid disclosing your SL and TP to the broker.

One solution is to switch your account from a SB company to a Market Maker that offers MT4 as a trading platform. You can then use an Expert Advisor (EA) that is programmed to hide your SL & TP targets from the criminals. This, imho, is the best solution to give yourself a chance of making a profit from scalping.
To trigger your SLs often the broker should basically rig quotes heavily which can be easily spotted, the issue escalated to the trading community and broker reputation tarnished. I trust FX brokers like Tickmill or Hotforex which advertise that they allow scalping. What I mean is that your main enemy is the market, i.e. transaction costs which often makes profit margin from scalping too thin and not the issue that your TP or SL can be seen by your broker.