Is 100 percent mechanical trading possible?

finding coding my system so frustrating....when i backtest and go through the chart i see so many trades taken that i wouldnt have taken and vice versa.......

its like describing the detailed specifications of a fit woman to the computer and when it produces 100 images, u see 50 of them are not fit at all but yet tick all the conditions/specs you have described :confused:

finding coding my system so frustrating....when i backtest and go through the chart i see so many trades taken that i wouldnt have taken and vice versa.......

its like describing the detailed specifications of a fit woman to the computer and when it produces 100 images, u see 50 of them are not fit at all but yet tick all the conditions/specs you have described :confused:

On the other hand, you wouldn't make some trades that might seem "bad" to you yet the algo would. ))) Every algo makes mistakes, and that's the part of trading. )))

You see, like yesterday - my algo had some good and bad trades (PRU - had +50c, yet closed @ -47, AXP was twice more than the algo closed at the end of day; yet, taking even this month, it performes better than 12 traders sitting in our prop room. )))

Long time no post for me. I have finally finalized and launched my mechanical trading system after 15 months of development. I made 9 revisions to the original. The system makes an average of 45% per year and trades close to 100x per year. The only fault ive seen so far is not in the system but in my ability to trade it. Since July, I should have made 12% but I am down 10% because of not following the rules set in place. My system runs off the close so I have to be available at 4PM ET to trade, which is not always possible and I need at least 15 mins during the day to analyze my etfs. It has been backtested since 2007 with an 80% success rate and a low R:R ratio. I will continue to trade it with the hopes that I can follow it better.