Introducting myself

tbill

Hello,

My name is Bill. I joined this board some months ago but I have been lurking. I started trading in the old MidAm exchange that was in the CBOT (Now, the lobby of the new trading floor) in 1990. In 1993 I started trading 30, 10 and 5 year futures of Globex and migrated to Project A when that was opened. When the stupid, old men at the CBOT closed down Project A (Sept. 2000) for the Anderson Consulting (may they burn in hell) recommended disaster aka Eurex partnership, I moved to LIFFE's euribor contract.. I am still here despite going through 3 clearing firms trying to find the best service and lowest fees.

I was very excited to find this board and I want to share my experiencings and learn from you about trading Euribor and other STIR contracts. This past fall has been a tough trade. If you are spreading between months, it is difficult to trade when the spreads are moving like outrights. :eek:

There are a few issues that I hope to discuss with like minded individuals. 1) I would like to encourage the exchanges to fix their fees so that traders will not have to include the cost of trading into their calculation of whether to make a trade. More on that later. 2) I would like to see electronic traders form a united front when dealing with exchanges, clearing firms, tech vendors so that we have a better flow of info and can collectively negotiate. (This site goes a long way towards this goal. Many thanks to the people who created and run this) 3) As a part of our collective (I am sounding vaguely Marxist) power, we should not be afraid to make demands of the people who serve us as traders. Afterall, we are CUSTOMERS. We should demand to be treated as such.

Please feel free to ask me anything. I am reluctant to reveal my full name at this point although I have given enough personal information that this should not be to difficult to figure out. When I talk about organizing I am a little afraid the exchanges are going to send thugs over to my apartment. ;)

welcome aboard shipmate..

i look forward to learning something from you too.

free exchange of ideas and wotnot.

:)

boy said:
Like the web site :D

Thanks. Given my politics, promoting any type of collectivization is especially ironic. Also, if you don't share my point of view please don't be put off by it. I respect people who disagree with me because I am not always right. The way I see it, we are here to talk about trading and everything else should be left at the door.