Interview

loni

Hi Guys,

I'm a university student and chairman of an investment club (www.bpfund.co.uk). I applied for internships recently and have an interview with RBC CM in the FX division :cheesy: i'm really psyched about this and want to do everything possible to learn about FX and try and get this intern.

Any words of advice, books I should read, facts or FX ppl should know? I'm really working on my mental arithmetic... by time of i/v I should be doing multiples, division, cube roots, etc. (I got the book 'rapid math tips and tricks,' anyone done thier tests?) I've done lots of practice interviews at careers centre so now its down to knowing some FX (which I don't).

I thought I'd start by learning a few things about the bank and department and I know a little bit about their OS - FXDirect. What's next?

Last edited:
loni said:
:rolleyes: cheers guys, really means a lot to me

Know what FX products are out there, read up on FX rates, for to calculate forwards etc, the simple stuff. Then have a look at the majoy currency pairs and try and take a view and understadn how various ecconmic events move the FX pairs...

All the best

thanks traderguy and robertral... i still don't know when the interview is going to be so i have plenty of time to get all this stuff in my head.

Thanks a mil,

loni

Would you believe it!

I haven't heard about the interview yet and I'm sure you all heard about the FSA investigation and suspended FX traders from RBC in London. Just my luck, I'm still hoping this interview's gonna happen thou :confused: