Intermarket spread ratio

sprd4alpha

3 0
Hi guys,

Got a question on spreading intermarket. Did you guys notice Thursday's breakdown in correlation after 3 mo LTRO ECB announcements? 6E (eur/usd) traded up and ES (sp500) traded down, massively. I haven't seen it break down like this for a while.

Now my question: Co-Integration tick size adjusted co-integration seems to be the best quant way to grab the ratios. However, this takes time and intra day this is to slow. I have used ATR on occasion to compute quick and dirty spreads, but never inter market. Any ideas on how to compute a quick and dirty ratio for 6E over ES, tick size is : 0.25 and .0001. I am curious how you guys are doing it. Hope to hear from you, thanks.

Martinghoul

2,690 276
I'd go for linear regression, if I were you... In the spirit of keeping it simple and all that.

sprd4alpha

3 0
Regression must show completely insiginifcant constant to be cointegrated, the regression becomes just as cumbersome as doing a cointegration study in that respect. I do agree that regression can be used to find that linear combination that generates a stationary series, thought it is not as easy as it seems...usually tick data will arrive in uneven intervals between the 2 series and then adjusting for tick size etc...

I was hoping a trader would post in here with a quick and dirty way to pump out these ratios intra day in an instant. So, does anyone have the secret sauce ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock