Interesting Youtube strategies

trendie

Legendary member
Latest youtube from Boris (from Boris and Kathy).

I think this has been described this in their e-book, but thought it worth making available to those contemplating a scalping style.
They also have a newsletter type thing, which I find has some useful nuggets.

Latest youtube from Boris (from Boris and Kathy).

I think this has been described this in their e-book, but thought it worth making available to those contemplating a scalping style.
They also have a newsletter type thing, which I find has some useful nuggets.

Thanks for he setup, i have been looking for scalping, as this sideways market is giving me tops 3 trades pr day at most.

Ill have a look and give some feedback how this works.

Cheers

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks for he setup, i have been looking for scalping, as this sideways market is giving me tops 3 trades pr day at most.

Ill have a look and give some feedback how this works.

Cheers

Regards
Bashir Naimy

make friend vs me, ok? i add your msn

Thanks ..

What this mean : There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that dont. -Anon ? :D

IMO, there are two major drawbacks with the set up outlined in the YouTube vid' in Trendie's opening post:
1. He's setting fixed stop loss levels and profit taking levels which are not based on the dynamic of the market being traded. Big mistake! Much better to look at ATR (set to the default of 14 periods) and place a stop at say, 1 x ATR and the first T1 profit objective at say, 2 x ATR. This is just an example, have play to see what works best for you. The point is that the ATR will take the volatility of the market into account and make the stop and profit targets more meaningful and relevant to the market being traded. Setting pre-determined levels will mean that you'll be stopped out unnecessarily (i.e. too soon) on some trades and you'll take profits too soon on others. This is not a good combo'!!!!
2. Also, the trader in the vid' isn't taking into account the Bolly Band 'squeeze' (evident in the first example and at least one other). Failure to account for the 'squeeze' will result in getting stopped out 9 times out 10. Anyone interested in this approach would benefit from reading this thread where a similar idea is explored in greater depth and, needless to say, takes the BB squeeze into account!
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/33407-can-anyone-recommend-strategy.html
Enjoy!
Tim.

Reactions: tar
IMO, there are two major drawbacks with the set up outlined in the YouTube vid' in Trendie's opening post:
1. He's setting fixed stop loss levels and profit taking levels which are not based on the dynamic of the market being traded. Big mistake! Much better to look at ATR (set to the default of 14 periods) and place a stop at say, 1 x ATR and the first T1 profit objective at say, 2 x ATR. This is just an example, have play to see what works best for you. The point is that the ATR will take the volatility of the market into account and make the stop and profit targets more meaningful and relevant to the market being traded. Setting pre-determined levels will mean that you'll be stopped out unnecessarily (i.e. too soon) on some trades and you'll take profits too soon on others. This is not a good combo'!!!!
2. Also, the trader in the vid' isn't taking into account the Bolly Band 'squeeze' (evident in the first example and at least one other). Failure to account for the 'squeeze' will result in getting stopped out 9 times out 10. Anyone interested in this approach would benefit from reading this thread where a similar idea is explored in greater depth and, needless to say, takes the BB squeeze into account!
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/33407-can-anyone-recommend-strategy.html
Enjoy!
Tim.

Thanks for that Tim, you very politely described it as total bollox, which is what it is.:D

Timsk, why do you believe
ATR will take the volatility of the market into account and make the stop and profit targets more meaningful and relevant to the market being traded.

Because although I know this is what the ATR is intended to tell you, and perhaps it is fine for daily trading, it doesn't really give you a great idea of the volatility on an hourly say. Because it is a moving average of ranges. So suppose I am trading forex on a 1hr chart, and I start my trading at 8a.m. GMT, then my ATR will probably be a lot lower than the actual range that I'll experience from 8.a.m. onwards. Because it is taking into account the overnight hours where some currencies are a lot less volatile. It is a lagging indicator of the volatility and so it gives a false impression, doesn't it?

To me it seems that it will only tell you that volatility is picking up, far too late, perhaps after volatility has ballooned and taken out your 2 ATR stop. If I am wrong, please explain why. Of course if you're thinking that ATR is better than just a fixed number as your stop, then I can understand that point of view. But careful placement of a stop behind support or resistance might be better than ATR.

Hi Calinor,
Thank you for pointing this out and, yes, you are quite correct. Actually, in my experience, the overnight gap has surprisingly little effect on ATR. But, certainly, the principle you describe is spot on and the only way around it is to use a data supplier that provides out of market hours data or to trade a 24 hour market! The concept I described is really aimed at short term traders as opposed to swing or position traders. The slower the chart, the more time you have to evaluate it and, in all probability - the wider your stops are going to be - so it's not nearly so applicable. On 1 hour plus charts the volatility will be smoothed out. Not so on an intraday chart - take a 5 min chart as an example - where the volatility can vary massively within a few short hours. It's especially useful for stock traders (especially U.S. stocks) who might be trading a tortoise like MSFT one minute and a hare like GOOG the next. Hope that helps to clarify things!
Tim.

scalping strategy.
interesting.
uses definite numbers, 00, 50, 20, 80, etc to trigger. and defined direction.
and defined stop-loss, and targets.
I dont scalp. But seems a pretty neat method. No indicators.

YouTube - A Thousand Ways To Scalp