Interactive Brokers - How to execute market on open

BarrenWuffet

3 1
My algorithm relies on entering at the market open price. Interactive Brokers says you do this by submitting a MKT order with OPG time.

However, with this I often get fills >7 minutes after the market has opened. These are liquid stocks with more than 1 million shares traded per day.

My question is does anyone know of a better way to get fills closer to the market open price? My order size is not that big either so I don’t see why this is happening.

valeryn

3 0
Sounds strange. How bad is your slippage? Are you using SMART routing?

I trade a lot at the open and getting <1 cent slippage per share compared with official open price, orders are mostly filled within a few seconds of the open, occasionally within a couple of minutes. This is based on 100+ orders stats.

At some point, I had a bug due to which those orders were always sent directly to NASDAQ - that's the only time when I was seeing nasty slippage with trading at the open.

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock