Intel & Amd

AMD vs INTC

AMD jumps on Intel antitrust suit, potential restructuring: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Fundamentally, I hate AMD. Losing businesses and the stock has shot up only on it's own lawsuit action. But since it's starting to move, Maybe a good STerm trading vehicle. But be careful of news on this pick. The lawsuit stemmed from their loss of Dell last year to INTC. And I try not to trade with companies that blame others for lost opportunities.

Cheers Lucky

AMD jumps on Intel antitrust suit, potential restructuring: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Fundamentally, I hate AMD. Losing businesses and the stock has shot up only on it's own lawsuit action. But since it's starting to move, Maybe a good STerm trading vehicle. But be careful of news on this pick. The lawsuit stemmed from their loss of Dell last year to INTC. And I try not to trade with companies that blame others for lost opportunities.

I hear what you say about the news but my view is more mid to longer term than trading on this one - honestly :cheesy:

(1) - Intel:Amd - showing massive intel outperformance since AMD was the "boss" some years ago. The history of these companies is of changing front runners wrt price anyhow. Outperformance is what I'm watching for as it often continues for a while... FRom the looks of things Intel chart dominance could have ended in Jan 08 and now we are forming a lower top ??

Gallery View - StockCharts.com

(2) - Amd will be one of the mega comeback stocks (imho0 it lost almost 90% from highs of last few years ..... and just now it is "thinking" about making a comeback but not quite sure yet.......:LOL: One will have to be patient though............. perhaps trading around it in the meantime :)

AMD

I hear what you say about the news but my view is more mid to longer term than trading on this one - honestly :cheesy:

(1) - Intel:Amd - showing massive intel outperformance since AMD was the "boss" some years ago. The history of these companies is of changing front runners wrt price anyhow. Outperformance is what I'm watching for as it often continues for a while... FRom the looks of things Intel chart dominance could have ended in Jan 08 and now we are forming a lower top ??

(2) - Amd will be one of the mega comeback stocks (imho0 it lost almost 90% from highs of last few years ..... and just now it is "thinking" about making a comeback but not quite sure yet.......:LOL: One will have to be patient though............. perhaps trading around it in the meantime :)

AMD

The Whole Chip Sector has been getting alot of Upgrades. So hopefully you'll get the "rising tide lifts all boats" effect and make some good money. Are you Pair trading it?

The Whole Chip Sector has been getting alot of Upgrades. So hopefully you'll get the "rising tide lifts all boats" effect and make some good money. Are you Pair trading it?

PAiRING -That's the plan ..

but I also favour a long only position on amd - I've started building a position but in truth I'm not that confident now is THE TIME!!:LOL: