Institutional level spreads

Mark1979

Recently come across the following 2 sites offering decent spreads that may be of interest (to short-term traders in particular):

Forex trading (FX) | CFD trading (Contracts for difference) | LMAX - sub 1 pip on the Euro plus commission circa 0.6pip round trip therefore typically less than 1.5 pips overall

(http://www.trade2win.com/boards/bro...eem-have-sub-1-pip-spreads-during-uk-day.html)

TradingFX - Complete Forex Training and Trading, including pro Forex Trading Software - direct market access to inter-bank market via Currenex. No commissions but you need to sign up to their live room and charting (they are developers of range bar charts and some interesting looking indicators) at over $100 per month

No experience of either but obvious advantages:- They are not market makers so no-reqoutes, no conflict of interest, one-click trading etc etc.

Interested to hear from people with any experience of TradingFX - Complete Forex Training and Trading, including pro Forex Trading Software as I can't find much written...

I have had experience of Prospreads - Direct Market Access Functionality Spread Betting For Professionals | ProSpreads - offering (essentially) direct market access plus commission and I have to say they are excellent. The feeling you get from being filled instantly so satisfying (ooh-er!) - before you hear the mouse click it seems! However the commission is slightly high and their charting is poor (I like to deal directly from the chart and adjust stops/targets visually) which is not quite enough to sway me away from a couple of spreadbetting firms I use i.e. commission of 1 pip round trip on the Euro-Usd plus underlying spread typically 0.5-1pip = 1.5-2pips. If I was a higher volume trader then I would use these no doubt.

See also http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/65624-prospreads-com-56.html

Cheers,

Mark

If you were a higher volume trader everything was different,
When you are a big volume trader you are changing all your strategy during to you experience.

Last edited: