Inside Bar Trading

The trendline trolls are missing these money making opportunities.Must be losing to us.:cheesy:

Nice profitable trendline set ups some with inside bars , tops or bottoms of trendlines on dax , ftse,oil etc

Attachments

• trendlines dax.jpg
    trendlines dax.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 325
  • trendlines ftse.jpg
    trendlines ftse.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 294
  • trendlines oil inside bars.jpg
    trendlines oil inside bars.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 253
More for trendline trolls

Attachments

• trendlines inside bar.jpg
    trendlines inside bar.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 264
  • trendline oil inside bar.jpg
    trendline oil inside bar.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 393
  • trendlines oil.jpg
    trendlines oil.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 260
Hi Guys,

Looking at Inside Bars and Pins as Trading Strategies. I can see the Strategy based around inside bars, makes sense. But then people talk about Fakeys. Fine, understand that as well, but how can you trade one without the other potentially hitting you. You cannot know the move is a fakey until it has completed?

The best way to trade inside bars may be to trade them at trend lines on 5 m , after a confirmation of 10 pip filter above or below the inside bar, trading with prevailing trends,and maybe 3 confirmations by 5 min bars (not going in opposite direction to trade ).

THEY WORK.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ding-technique-good-results-5.html#post809664

The best way to trade inside bars may be to trade them at trend lines on 5 m , after a confirmation of 10 pip filter above or below the inside bar, trading with prevailing trends,and maybe 3 confirmations by 5 min bars (not going in opposite direction to trade ).

Here are high probability set ups using insider bars on oil.On oil minimum stop is 30.

Attachments

• HIGH PROBABILITYINSIDE BARS.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 317
Yup ODT trading IS that simple.

If you are one of the few that are able to not only identify the few success relevant factors out of all the irrelevant noise, but also actually implement.

Yup ODT trading IS that simple.

If you are one of the few that are able to not only identify the few success relevant factors out of all the irrelevant noise, but also actually implement.

Last week there a thousand points to be made , with a risk reward ratio of 150 points to 1,000 points using inside bars.This was on ftse , dax, oil,gas oil,cable,euro,usd,usd /yen,euro/gbp ,dow,s and p and gold, without touching thousands of stocks.

The people who can't do it are busy arguing trends don't exist and trading counter trend.

THE TREND IS YOUR FRIEND has been repeated a million times.

O D T

Last week there a thousand points to be made , with a risk reward ratio of 150 points to 1,000 points using inside bars.This was on ftse , dax, oil,gas oil,cable,euro,usd,usd /yen,euro/gbp ,dow,s and p and gold, without touching thousands of stocks.

The people who can't do it are busy arguing trends don't exist and trading counter trend.

THE TREND IS YOUR FRIEND has been repeated a million times.

O D T

oildaytrader, I respect you, you know that, but I suggest that there are always 1,000 points to made in one market or another, every week. I use TLs like everyone does, at some time or other, to keep me out of trouble. Of course they exist. I never use one for entry purposes, though. If I do, it's coincidence and there is no way to tell whether the contraction area, where the TL is crossed, is going to continue or reverse. There has to be another reason to enter. The hard and fast rules on all these things are what makes life difficult for new traders. There are no valid rules to any of this, except your own and the proof of that pudding is in the eating. Everyone is his own chef in that respect.

What I love about threads like these is that they make you analyse your trading. We are all looking at charts and over time we pick up these useful little formations. We keep the good ones and forget the bad ones. The main thing is, however, we have more knowledge to trade with.

The main candlestick formation that is gold to me is a shooting star at the top of a bull run and a hammer at the end of the bear run. With confirmations it just keeps proving its worth to me. I find with 15 mins and 5 minute candles it works best. Who else uses these?

We have an inside bar formation right now developing on cable. Whos calling the move?
Hourly chart Mother bar @ 6:am

I would only short it, place and order and if its not triggered in the next 4-5 hours cancel the order.

The trendline trolls are missing these money making opportunities.Must be losing to us.:cheesy:

Us trendline trolls had a great time last week, please check out my live calls in this live call thread. Mr F if you go long please say why and at what price.

Nice trade ODT, can you please state if your trades are system or descretionary when you post them and can you post some of both please.who knows we might be buyers

Nice long inside bar opportunity on euro usd sitting above the longer time frame from 3 days ago

We have an inside bar formation right now developing on cable. Whos calling the move?
Hourly chart Mother bar @ 6:am

I would love you to post regularly on the thread with the inside bars,that gbp one seems to be going in the right direction.

As a suggestion,why dont the system sellers open up a thread for their system calls,I dont think its been done.Im surprised youve not alread done that ODT

I can't say why unfortunately but any trades will only be until around 23:00 and so I'm not suggesting it will be a long bull run. In actual fact I disagree with my system today :) however backtesting it over 3 years it right about 75% of the time. So to confirm the system suggests going long on EUR/USD until 11:00pm tonight and as cable correlates then long too on it. My buy in for GBP/USD would be triggered by a candle passing below15095 and I would buy at the end of the 30 min candle.

I would love you to post regularly on the thread with the inside bars,that gbp one seems to be going in the right direction.

As a suggestion,why dont the system sellers open up a thread for their system calls,I dont think its been done.Im surprised youve not alread done that ODT

I only make systems to give away freely and share, as you can see on my threads

You're right Julian these chaps who market their systems should do these live calls to gain credibility. Instead they come here and sign up for an account and post "have you heard of this new great system" then they get others to "comment" on it. Look at all the guys with 0 post history on these strategies.

For illustration purposes only

I find IB trading difficult and get better results by being ultra-picky and demanding confluence.

Here is an illustration of a perfect model setup fuelled by good CAD GDP results. Many IB setups will NOT behave like this but you can see how the winners pay for the losers.

Things to note:
1. CadChf was in an overnight consolidation anyway
2. Two consecutive IBs
3. Confluence of trendline break, MAs, round number support
4. When the IB broke it had momentum and moved immediately in 1 direction

Attachments

• Spot FX CAD_CHF (01-MAR-10) double IB.png
    Spot FX CAD_CHF (01-MAR-10) double IB.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 358